Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween...what is your favorite treat to hand out?

Halloween...what is your favorite treat to hand out?

Tomorrow is Halloween...we will have a small group of "Trick or Treaters" in our neighborhood. NL has a stash of Butterfingers and Hershey's mini bars to give to our little tricksters....

What is your treat of choice to have on hand...just in case you have a few left over?

I don't get many trick or treaters most years...last year I had zero, the previous year about 15, so I give out full sized candy bars. Usually Heath Bars, but this year I am giving out Dove candy bars.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

We don't get many trick or treaters either. The front gate is closed and we are 'not at home'.
    Whoever inflicted this Halloween hoha on us down this way needs to be drawn and quartered
    Tonight there are hordes of beggers roaming the streets, knocking on doors looking for a free treat.
    Bah humbug!

I enjoy the little kids, but not the teenagers. When I was a kid, my parents did not let me trick-or-treat after age 13. After that, my job was to walk my little sister and her friends around, and stand on the sidewalk while they went up to the doors.

Turning off your lights and not answering the door is a good way to get your house and yard toilet papered in my neighborhood!!!

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Turning off your lights and not answering the door is a good way to get your house and yard toilet papered in my neighborhood!!! (KLD)
    A better class of neighbourhood would use new toilet paper, I hope.
    Inducement by extortion

I prefer the Christian substitute pagan festival, Christmas.
    Last edited by slow_runner; 10-31-2017 at 04:38 AM.

reeses peanut butter cups so i can eat the left over ones lol
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

KitKat is my new favorite, so I plucked them out of our bowls of candy. Hubby likes Payday. We had 31 kids, of all ages, including a small group of teens that I had to ask "Who are you?" - we're "Greasers!" Duh....I should have guessed it from the black leather jackets - they were having lots of fun. By that time we were giving out handfuls of mini candy bars to the kids, to avoid leftovers. One neighbor had their tiny kid, just able to walk, dressed up like a baby bird, wings and all sticking out and every time the kid toddled across their lawn he fell down - about 5 attempts - plopped, got up again. So funny, but what an introduction to Halloween for that kid!
    Hubby did our decorations this year and I carved 2 pumpkins. We have a remote device with a small speaker hidden outside that lets us play scary sounds. It was a fun Halloween, especially sipping a drink for a couple of hours. We probably managed to scare some of the kids - got some reactions when they saw two wheelers passing out candy.

I love Halloween. Our 3rd huge bowl of candy was the strategic reserve for the teens that show up late with little or no costume to speak of. We had one family of a husband and wife with kids. Hubby and wife stayed up on the road and kids came down and got candy, about 5 mini candy bars each. When one kid returned to mom up on the road she checked his bag contents using a flashlight. I don't know if she was assessing our generosity or checking for poison.

Halloween is always a fun time and becoming a bigger retail holiday every year. Money Magazine reported that the average person planned on spending about $86.00 on candy, decorations and costumes in 2017. We didn't spend that much, just a couple bags of candy. Unfortunately we only had 3 pre teen penguins who showed up at the door together. Most of the parents in the area opt for organized Halloween parties. So now, if I'm really good, maybe I can convince NL to make Butterfinger ice cream pie with our leftover Butterfingers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by gjnl; 11-01-2017 at 02:12 PM.

I got only 15 trick-or-treaters, and most were teens or young adults. Very few small children.

(KLD)