Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cannabis marijuana rectal suppositories

NW-Will what state you live in? I use coconut oil from the local store, it's organic, but that's not necessary.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Thanks for the information.

Southern WA
    Portland Metro

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    NW-Will what state you live in? I use coconut oil from the local store, it's organic, but that's not necessary.

I got a medical marijuana card and I don't like to smoke because it gives me munchies
    I ate some gummy bears or butter forms of edibles and I just don't like the feeling
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    I got a medical marijuana card and I don't like to smoke because it gives me munchies
    I ate some gummy bears or butter forms of edibles and I just don't like the feeling
    If you're willing to use suppositories, I have read they are a much more effective means of bioavailability than other methods and you get little to none of the "high" effect.

THC stands for tetrahydrocannabinol and is the primary active ingredient in cannabis and results in euphoric "high". When smoked the peak effect is 20-30 min and can last 90-120 min after one cigarette.

CBD stands for cannabinol which is found in hemp plants without any psychoactive or intoxicating effects - the active compound is cannabinoid.

Make sure you read the labels of any product you purchase.

I have seen good effects with pain management in people who use the CBD creams for pain management. It doesn't have a broad systemic effect as a cigarette, edible or suppository.

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    I still haven't accomplished making my own suppositories yet.
    I really wanted to work on my own recipe.
    Centered around Witch Hazel.
    I've found a source for Witch Hazel Powder... the raw ingredient... but can't find a method to turn the powder into a usable component for suppositories without using alcohol.

If anyone has a clue of what to do with powder I'd love to try it.

I hope to eventually mix it with CBD and coconut oil, and through trial and error hopefully come up with something that works for me... that doesn't cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    trying these.... nothing to report so far.

I also like my suppositories chilled!

I am a vocal opponent of using cannabis as any remedy!
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 02-15-2019 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by squid007 View Post
    I am a vocal opponent of using cannabis as any remedy!
    Why?

It would be helpful if you would complete your profile so that we can put your comments in context and understand why you have joined our forums.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.