Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cannabis marijuana rectal suppositories

I have heard cannabis suppositories have a significantly higher bioavailability than other delivery methods. This is one source I found on a quick search, but I have seen others which place oral efficacy well ahead of smoking, but still behind suppositories.

https://cannabisdigest.ca/cannatory/

I'm a little skeptical of exact percentages as there are various factors that come into play. Combining it with a carrier oil can affect absorption and there is debate over which oil is best. There is a whole area of research you can get into over medium-chain fatty acids vs long-chain, coconut vs olive, etc. Here is a forum page I just found with a discussion on that subject, but I encourage you to dig a little more if you're interested. This was just the first thing that popped up.

https://www.420magazine.com/forums/c...-oil-kick.html

I used cannabis oil suppositories for pain for 27 months. Yes went through most everything else first. I live in a legal state, and like gardening, so grew some plants and extracted the oil out of them. Mixed half and half cannabis oil and coconut oil, used an oral syringe with a pice of catheter tubing on the end. Started using the oil to withdraw for opiates, which started to make my pain worse. After the withdrawal process was over, I was amazed at how well the oil suppositories worked for my nerve pain, so keep using it.

After 27 months the oil started to make my pain worse, so I stopped. But since then I've experimented with different kinds of cannabis, and found a kind that does not set my nerves off, and helps with pain. Because everything I've taken for pain starts to make it worse over time, I now take three different pain meds, on three different days, so hopefully this will extend how long each one works.

Cannabis oil is amazing for pain, and for some reason you don't get very head high, if you take it sublingual or suppository. Amazingly if I smoked cannabis even with the large amount in my system from the suppositories, I would get very stoned. It's like a body tranquilizer if taken up the ass.

Side affects, are interesting. The nicest one is immune system boost. I read about this but I'm a pragmatic person so took it with a grain of salt. Over my long life, I'm about average when it comes to getting colds and flu. I have not had a cold or flu in three years, with the oil. For one of those years my daughter and granddaughter lived with me. My lovely granddaughter was in pre school, and was sick a lot, which would get her mom sick. One day she was very sick, climbed on me and after wiping her nose with her hand, proceeded to put that hand into my mouth. Still did not get sick.

I've tried CBD oil, it did nothing for me at all, but I don't have spasms. I just made some CBD extract for a man with brain seizures, which he says works amazingly well, better then what the docs. gave him.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

In other news: they are making cannabis lube, swear, heard it on radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    In other news: they are making cannabis lube, swear, heard it on radio.
    That's to funny. Not sure I would want one of the MOST STICKY substances in the world in my lube. ��

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    Cannabis oil is amazing for pain, and for some reason you don't get very head high, if you take it sublingual or suppository. Amazingly if I smoked cannabis even with the large amount in my system from the suppositories, I would get very stoned. It's like a body tranquilizer if taken up the ass.
    I would prefer it in cookie form but chewed, not up the fundimental orifice. As I recall, a body high (cookies) was more pleasant than that from smoking. And better for the lungs.

Side affects, are interesting. The nicest one is immune system boost. I read about this but I'm a pragmatic person so took it with a grain of salt. Over my long life, I'm about average when it comes to getting colds and flu. I have not had a cold or flu in three years, with the oil.
    Now that is an interesting observation flying, and worthy of further investigation; where it is legal

[QUOTE=slow_runner;1843736]I would prefer it in cookie form but chewed, not up the fundimental orifice. As I recall, a body high (cookies) was more pleasant than that from smoking. And better for the lungs.

Tried eating brownies I made with the cannabis oil, and got very stoned, not like the sublingual or suppository feeling at all, but more like smoking IT. Eating IT, is more of a body high then smoking, but still way to high for full time use.

I'm back to using it, every fourth day, so hopefully this will be enough to keep the immune system boost.

One other side affect which took months to get used to was chronic hunger. I'm sure most folks have heard about the munchies, but this was the munchies times ten. Be great if you had cancer or some other disease that affected your appetite, but I don't have any of those, so just sucked it up and went hungry, until it evened out.

Wish someone else would try this out, and give us some feedback.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    I went to see the colon and rectal surgeon, and they said my hemorrhoids did NOT look that bad.. not bad enough for surgery!
    So left with all the over the counter stuff which I continue to try with no great success.

The witch hazel suppositories seem to work the best!

Have to admit the cannabis suppositories definitely had a relaxing effect and I did get better sleep.

As far as I am concerned it's a pretty practical and no nonsense delivery system... and if there is a tiny chance that delivering it locally is a benefit then that is all positive for me.
    It's as close as I can get to applying the oil directly to the hemorrhoids !!!

I'm all out... so have to figure something else to experiment with.

Would love to make a combination Witch Hazel, Cannabis suppository. don't have the raw materials or know how at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Medications (including pot) which are inserted in rectal suppository form do not stay locally. They work by being absorbed by the mucosal lining of the gut and go into the blood stream from there. So while it might be nice to think that if applied rectally they would be more helpful for hemorrhoid pain, that would not be on any scientific basis.

While I have limited experience with medical marijuana, I agree with the comments above about exploring other forms to find one that you can administer orally or by vaping that do not give you unwanted side effects. Medical marijuana dispensaries often have tons of information on the best uses of each of the products they sell.

Have you sought medical/surgical treatment for your hemorrhoids?

I am also going to move this thread over to the Pain forum since it appears to be primarily a pain related use for MJ.

(KLD)
    Last edited by NW-Will; 11-12-2017 at 05:47 PM.

To those who are more knowledgeable on the Cannabis front, and hypothetically you wanted to apply cannabis directly to your ass or in your ass, how would you do it ?

Oral syringe with a pice of about 1.5" catheter pice on the end of it. Mix oil and coconut oil, half and half in a shot glass, stir with a toothpick. Suck up material and put it where the sun don't shine.
    Nice to do you BM first if possible. Good luck

PS use needle nose pliers to stretch the tubing out on the end going over the oral syringe

Thanks.
    So you buy the cannabis oil from the store? I guess I have to go to the store and see what kind of oils are available.

And which coconut oil are you using?

Oral syringe with a pice of about 1.5" catheter pice on the end of it. Mix oil and coconut oil, half and half in a shot glass, stir with a toothpick. Suck up material and put it where the sun don't shine.
    Nice to do you BM first if possible. Good luck

PS use needle nose pliers to stretch the tubing out on the end going over the oral syringe