Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cannabis marijuana rectal suppositories

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete

cannabis marijuana rectal suppositories

Anyone try them ?

How in the world do you light 'em.....?

What is this about cannabis marijuana rectal suppositories?

Surely there would be the danger of not knowing your arse from your elbow?

I would love to know more information about this!

trying these.... nothing to report so far.

Why a suppository? Faster onset?

Seems like a heap of trouble for your average joe (but nothing for those of us with toughened, feelingless asses). I just don't get the point.

(also, please dear jesus tell me you didn't shoot the whole 400 mg of THC up your butt... that'd probably be unpleasant)

Cannot condone any use of MJ as work for fed. government but that being said-in suppository form? To prevent rectal spasms and improve bowel program? ??? or healthier than inhaling it? Need more research?!! ( will this be used instead of Btx for bladder spasms? Interesting thought.
    Who knows?
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

All you comedians ..... don't give up the day job

I'm not looking to get stoned.
    In fact I'm looking for something that doesn't give me any kind of cognitive impairment.. I want to wake up in the morning feeling fresh as a daisy... that's fresh as a daisy.

I have ass and hemorrhoid pain. When my body is in pain I have the worst spasms.
    The pain is so bad I'll do anything, but leaving myself cognitively impaired is just as debilitating as the pain to me.
    I'm looking for something I can take at night that will relax my body and let me have a good night sleep and wake up without any kind of hangover.

Suppositories make sense to me just because that is where the pain is, and there is plenty of good stuff in the bowel to absorb anything.

So tried my first two products.
    For me there was no cognitive impairment.. no getting high, woke up the next morning feeling just fine in my head.\

The aunt flo's remedy were regular suppositories so they were really easy to put in etc. 5 in the packet. One didn't seem to do much, so I tried 2 the next night, that gave me a some what relaxed feeling and my legs didn't spasm for half the night, but it felt as though it wore off really quickly. Works out at about $4.50 a suppository so $9 a night seems a bit steep to continue for the limited effect.

The sleepytime kit, was a build your own deal, they supplied the empty pill things that you fill up from the syringe they supply... the idea you can measure exactly how much you want to put in each capsule.
    I wouldn't get this kit again, just as the capsules are so tiny they are a complete bitch to try and get inserted.
    There is a reason suppositories are all that size and shape and now I know.. they just slip straight in no fuss no muss etc..
    So tried one capsule the first night... not much to report.
    Tried two the second night .. a small amount of relaxing.
    Ended up with ten capsules so $2 a capsule.
    Shall try wrestling three inside me tonight !

Still feel like the idea has potential, just need to dial it in better with a better product.
    Toying with the idea of trying to make my own!!
    To be contd..

I smoke the stuff and have zero issues the next morning. What kind of problems have you had? I'm confused as to why you're having a pot hangover because I've never heard of such a thing. What are you feeling the next morning and are you sure it wasn't related to other things?

I would go with oils way before suppositories. Look for a CBD-only or low-THC cannabis oil if you don't want to feel high.
    There's lots of information out there about oils, but be sure to read up from a reliable or established source.

Medications (including pot) which are inserted in rectal suppository form do not stay locally. They work by being absorbed by the mucosal lining of the gut and go into the blood stream from there. So while it might be nice to think that if applied rectally they would be more helpful for hemorrhoid pain, that would not be on any scientific basis.

While I have limited experience with medical marijuana, I agree with the comments above about exploring other forms to find one that you can administer orally or by vaping that do not give you unwanted side effects. Medical marijuana dispensaries often have tons of information on the best uses of each of the products they sell.

Have you sought medical/surgical treatment for your hemorrhoids?

I am also going to move this thread over to the Pain forum since it appears to be primarily a pain related use for MJ.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.