Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Why Don't We Have a Cure for Spinal Cord Injury? 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    This is a great post.
    I agree!
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    if I had a wish it would be that someone would incorporate UCB, detethering and epidural stim all together as a combination therapy... See how that works... Does anyone know if any researchers are interested in this route
    I feel really disappointed that is what you would use your wish for. Especially considering the amount of time you clearly spend following research initiatives.

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    I like this post as people need to realize that to cure SCI turned out to be a much more complex problem than researchers use to think in the past.
    Fortunately, now there are research tools that were unthinkable 10 years ago and more will be available soon to crack down the complexity of the problem and solve it.

No one can tell when a cure will be found, but in my opinion now it really looks more possible than ever and the SCI community should act to help making it happen sooner.
    Probably the SCI community needs a leader organization to drive proper actions.
    Unfortunately, in my opinion, such organization does not exist at the moment...

Paolo
    An inspirational leader to take us to the promised land? One ring to rule them all? There can be only one? I've seen this show before. We just need a couple of dragons and an electrically stimulated SCI zombie army uprising and we'll be ready to wage war on paralysis.

Serious questions:

1) Who is accountable for delivering Cures?
    2) What is the SCI Community? What characteristics does it have and what value can be drawn from it?

FPF

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    I feel really disappointed that is what you would use your wish for. Especially considering the amount of time you clearly spend following research initiatives.

Ok, noted. What potentially curative avenues would you like to see more aggressively pursued
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Am I missing something? From what I have read of the research (J silver, Invivo, E Stim etc) we are pretty fricken close to a cure. It's just a matter of assembling our wagons ( to borrow an analogy) in the right order and getting the treatments across the FDA valley of death. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Excellent question

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    An inspirational leader to take us to the promised land? One ring to rule them all? There can be only one? I've seen this show before. We just need a couple of dragons and an electrically stimulated SCI zombie army uprising and we'll be ready to wage war on paralysis.

Serious questions:

2) What is the SCI Community? What characteristics does it have and what value can be drawn from it?

FPF
    I am not sure I fully understand your points, but I am sure they are good ones, so, if you have time, please explain more in details your perspective about the current situation of SCI research and what is the most effective way to move forward in your opinion?
    I am certainly willing to help in all the ways I can!

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    Am I missing something? From what I have read of the research (J silver, Invivo, E Stim etc) we are pretty fricken close to a cure. It's just a matter of assembling our wagons ( to borrow an analogy) in the right order and getting the treatments across the FDA valley of death. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I know what FPF was talking about... I DO tend to get a little more excited about the potential possibilities of certain therapies than ends up being warranted(I mean I didn't fall for the Shroff or X-Cells, but I do usually hold on to any shred of hope until it becomes proven without a doubt that a potential therapy isn't efficacious)
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    I am not sure I fully understand your points, but I am sure they are good ones, so, if you have time, please explain more in details your perspective about the current situation of SCI research and what is the most effective way to move forward in your opinion?
    I am certainly willing to help in all the ways I can!

Paolo
    Answer my questions first and maybe we will get closer to answering your question.

Why Don't We Have a Cure for Spinal Cord Injury?

1. Slow Methodologies of Medical Science
    2. Complexity of Nervous Systems
    3. Low number of people with SCI
    4. Lack of Monetary Incentives
    5. Lack of cooperation between Labs
    6. Lack of Social Awareness
    7. Big Pharma

I wonder how fast thing would go if Mark Zuckerberg would get SCI. Or some other billionaire. I think the best bet is to inspire Bill Gates to help us out.