Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Why Don't We Have a Cure for Spinal Cord Injury? 2016

Things were different back then. No one worried about ruining one's shoulders because usually few lived long enough to wear them out. The technology and advancements today compared to just a few years ago,blow me away. I trust the cure research is advancing as well.

Seriously I don't care about walking ever again... I just want my hands to work

Quote Originally Posted by Natto View Post
    Seriously I don't care about walking ever again... I just want my hands to work

Same
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio GS View Post
    So how does that work?

Valid question

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

if I had a wish it would be that someone would incorporate UCB, detethering and epidural stim all together as a combination therapy... See how that works... Does anyone know if any researchers are interested in this route

Is this a real question?
    I didn't know cure would have a specific nationality?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky831 View Post
    Paolo what is Italy doing to cure SCI?

I've heard this comment before, I think it was actually by you in the past too, so I guess I'm going to the right place with this question.
    I'm interested to know what cures were being touted back then and which scientists were saying there would be a cure. Was it rumour or were there scientists with research in hand saying that they could cure paralysis?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    We've been asking the "When" question since I was first injured in 1973. Care is much better than it was back then but getting closer to a cure; not so much. I do hope it happens but when you hear the "in two-seven years there will be" from docs and researchers, they've been saying that for over 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Do you know what a SCIM Score is?
    Yes.
    I am sorry if I have been too provocative on this subject. Let's just agree to disagree on UCB cells.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    We've been asking the "When" question since I was first injured in 1973. Care is much better than it was back then but getting closer to a cure; not so much. I do hope it happens but when you hear the "in two-seven years there will be" from docs and researchers, they've been saying that for over 40 years.
    I like this post as people need to realize that to cure SCI turned out to be a much more complex problem than researchers use to think in the past.
    Fortunately, now there are research tools that were unthinkable 10 years ago and more will be available soon to crack down the complexity of the problem and solve it.

No one can tell when a cure will be found, but in my opinion now it really looks more possible than ever and the SCI community should act to help making it happen sooner.
    Probably the SCI community needs a leader organization to drive proper actions.
    Unfortunately, in my opinion, such organization does not exist at the moment...

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    I like this post as people need to realize that to cure SCI turned out to be a much more complex problem than researchers use to think in the past.
    Fortunately, now there are research tools that were unthinkable 10 years ago and more will be available soon to crack down the complexity of the problem and solve it.

No one can tell when a cure will be found, but in my opinion now it really looks more possible than ever and the SCI community should act to help making it happen sooner.
    Probably the SCI community needs a leader organization to drive proper actions.
    Unfortunately, in my opinion, such organization does not exist at the moment...

Paolo
    This is a great post.