Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: black or chrome rims pics added

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Andy...sorry if already asked and answered, but which hand controls do you use? I'm interested in cobbling together something worthy of autocross. Not likely a Challenger (though I'm considering it). More likely a WRX or Golf R or something that can be somewhat economical. Only the standard lever/knob hand controls are lame for real driving and I want a 4 point (5 point if necessary) harness so I don't go falling over in turns...
    Get the Golf R or even the GTI soley for the dual clutch transmission. I ordered a GTI(chose over a 15mustangGT and WRX) the last year they made the 2 door and the salesmen ended up selling it to someone else as soon as it arrived by mistake. Nobody can do their damn job right anymore.... Either way, I ended up in a 228i and its very light on its feet and has punchy low end torque and this particular non dual clutch auto transmission is pretty damn good. Also you can drive the piss out of it and still get 22-25 average and 32mpg on highway.

The only challenger I've driven is the R/T when I was abled bodied and it felt like I was driving a sofa lol. I'm biased though, I like light weight good handling cars, but the challenger does look good. One thing I cant stand about it though is how skinny the tires are for how big the car is.

I hear the challengers/chargers coming up are going to be sharing some chassis with one of the Alfa Romeos. Don't know if that's true or not, but they will be getting some weight reduction in the future for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by McLaren87 View Post
    The only challenger I've driven is the R/T when I was abled bodied and it felt like I was driving a sofa lol. I'm biased though, I like light weight good handling cars, but the challenger does look good. One thing I cant stand about it though is how skinny the tires are for how big the car is.

I hear the challengers/chargers coming up are going to be sharing some chassis with one of the Alfa Romeos. Don't know if that's true or not, but they will be getting some weight reduction in the future for sure.
    Keep in mind the Challenger is a large car, the others aren't. I have 2 coworkers with Cadillac ATS's, and it's pretty funny seeing them next to the Challenger. Cars are just too small nowadays, lol.

Yeah, the tires they put on them sure are skinny, the 245's are marginal on the R/T's, the 275's on the SRT's are an improvement, but still seriously traction limited. The 225's they put on the base V6's I wont even talk about. But there is a solution! 305's on the Widebody Hellcat...

I like the black wheels with maroon paint. I'd still go with the V8 though. If your going to get a V6 might as well get a Prius lol. Just my opinion though. What is the rated MPG on the V6 compared to V8?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Keep in mind the Challenger is a large car, the others aren't. I have 2 coworkers with Cadillac ATS's, and it's pretty funny seeing them next to the Challenger. Cars are just too small nowadays, lol.

Yeah, the tires they put on them sure are skinny, the 245's are marginal on the R/T's, the 275's on the SRT's are an improvement, but still seriously traction limited. The 225's they put on the base V6's I wont even talk about. But there is a solution! 305's on the Widebody Hellcat...
    Can you get the wide body on lower models other than THE DEMON !! ? Yes that would fix all your problems no doubt !

What's your take on the transmission ? How intelligent is it to hold gears longer or to be quick to downshift with minimal throttle input while in sport mode ?

Quote Originally Posted by McLaren87 View Post
    Can you get the wide body on lower models other than THE DEMON !! ? Yes that would fix all your problems no doubt !

What's your take on the transmission ? How intelligent is it to hold gears longer or to be quick to downshift with minimal throttle input while in sport mode ?
    Yeah, they extended the widebody to an option on the Hellcat, using 20" wheels. Tranny is the famous ZF 8 speed that all the automotive journalists are gaga over. Made by Chrysler (but Hellcats get one made in Germany by ZF). As far as shifting...I cant find any issues. Downshifts are instantaneous, and it does hold gears when driving like a lunatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    you do know the v8 is going to average less than 20mpg, right?
    ya ill probably have to get the 6
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Quote Originally Posted by jscrog View Post
    I like the black wheels with maroon paint. I'd still go with the V8 though. If your going to get a V6 might as well get a Prius lol. Just my opinion though. What is the rated MPG on the V6 compared to V8?

i hear ya but i think the 6 says 19 and 30 city highway the hemi says 16 and 25 i drive a ton but the new hemis also have active exhaust witch really make them sounf good

about 3to 4 miles a gallon difference according to the window sticker and the guy at the dealer

Man with that small of a difference I'd go V8 but, you know what you need.

Man with that small of a difference I'd go V8 but, you know what you need.
    I agree. If it's about cost, the cost to upgrade to V8 is probably more prohibitive than the actual fuel cost over the lifetime of ownership of the car. Gas has been pretty darn cheap in the US for a really long time.