Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: black or chrome rims pics added

The new Ford raptors have an engine start/stop and a twin turbo V6 but, they still get pretty bad gas mileage lol. Two more years and I'll have one.

Those are pretty quick from what I've seen. Very cool trucks. I imagine anything weighing some 5K lbs will burn gas. I've been thinking, put whatever diesel they are making nowadays for the pickups in a Raptor, turn up the fuel and boost to make like 1200ft-lb of torque, now that would be epic

to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Haha, yeah, the marketing department is getting edgy, lol.

Played around with the Dodge build and price website and was rather surprised with all the rebates around now. Just as an idea, build and price a Challenger R/T Scat Pack, and just add the auto transmission and Dynamics Package. With those rebates, you can get one heck of a machine for around $35K
    not sure i could afford gas and tires lol i run around a lot
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Andy...sorry if already asked and answered, but which hand controls do you use? I'm interested in cobbling together something worthy of autocross. Not likely a Challenger (though I'm considering it). More likely a WRX or Golf R or something that can be somewhat economical. Only the standard lever/knob hand controls are lame for real driving and I want a 4 point (5 point if necessary) harness so I don't go falling over in turns...
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

if I had a choice I'd take the black wheels, along with the V8.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    I think you might have a winner there, with rebates that R/T would be quite a deal for a nice V8 without all the added doodads running up the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Andy...sorry if already asked and answered, but which hand controls do you use? I'm interested in cobbling together something worthy of autocross. Not likely a Challenger (though I'm considering it). More likely a WRX or Golf R or something that can be somewhat economical. Only the standard lever/knob hand controls are lame for real driving and I want a 4 point (5 point if necessary) harness so I don't go falling over in turns...
    I have MPD right angle mechanical controls. With one spring missing from the gas pedal and the other one slightly clipped. This way the light brakes match the (now) light gas. Recently there are some controls which replace the electronic gas pedals altogether (there's a thread somewhere in this forum). I would say those would be a better match for today's cars. I'd like to get a hold of some, but don't want to pay some thieving butcher that passes as a disability equipment dealer to screw up my car, so that's on hold until they make their way to ebay. A few years ago I tried to become a dealer for one of the distributers of those things, but they seem to not want to step on their big chain dealers toes and introduce more competition. Plus some of the things said by the person I was in communication with over there really made me wonder. But to get back on the subject, I'd say check out one of those new electronic gas replacement controls, might be interesting.

If you get one of the Chrysler SRT products, the seats have very deeply bolstered upper seat backs. Really help with the tipping over aspects compared to regular-ish bucket seats.

you do know the v8 is going to average less than 20mpg, right?
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8