Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: black or chrome rims pics added

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    andy do you like those black wheels better than the chrome or whatever they are
    I kind of think the black goes better with the Octane Red. Although speaking on a looks standpoint, they do highlight the small front brakes that come with the V6. The RT and Track Pack V6's have one inch bigger rotors.

And it sits too high, needs the lower SRT/Hellcat suspension. Ok, you need to get a Hellcat!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I kind of think the black goes better with the Octane Red. Although speaking on a looks standpoint, they do highlight the small front brakes that come with the V6. The RT and Track Pack V6's have one inch bigger rotors.

And it sits too high, needs the lower SRT/Hellcat suspension. Ok, you need to get a Hellcat!
    ill get right on that lol

how did you put that pic up ther
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Right clicked on the pic thumbnail on the dealer website to open in a new tab/window to get the address of it. Then went to the insert image thing on this forum and put the address there

Right clicked on the pic thumbnail on the dealer website to open in a new tab/window to get the address of it. Then went to the insert image thing on this forum and put the address there

cool thanks
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Indigo Blue? I think you are looking at Contusion Blue, formerly Jazz Blue. Gotta say...I might be rather familiar with that ...
    I thought you were joking about the name of the color, and had to look it up myself.

What's next? Abrasion red? Necrotic black? Purpura purple? Emesis green?

Somebody was having fun when they named that color.

Haha, yeah, the marketing department is getting edgy, lol.

Played around with the Dodge build and price website and was rather surprised with all the rebates around now. Just as an idea, build and price a Challenger R/T Scat Pack, and just add the auto transmission and Dynamics Package. With those rebates, you can get one heck of a machine for around $35K

Haha, yeah, the marketing department is getting edgy, lol.

Played around with the Dodge build and price website and was rather surprised with all the rebates around now. Just as an idea, build and price a Challenger R/T Scat Pack, and just add the auto transmission and Dynamics Package. With those rebates, you can get one heck of a machine for around $35K
    I would definitely go that route if gas mileage wasn't an issue. I like the black wheels with the red. If you were going with a black car you gotta get chrome wheels though.

Gas mileage? What's that? I just fill it up and never, ever, look at the gas pump. FWIW my car says it is averaging around 15 last time I checked a few months ago. That's a lot of sitting in traffic, and 'performance' driving. Could be a lot worse. Plus those V8's turn into V4's with the cylinder deactivation, so you really are mainly concerned with how heavy the car is vs. how big the motor is.

Anyway...here's a pic of some guy's SP with the Dynamics Package option. It's big, so I'm just doing the link so as not to screw up the board.

https://i.redd.it/8rj2rgf3puly.jpg

I'll tell you, $35K for the 6.4L 485hp, and 15.4" Brembos that stop like a brick wall...you know you want it!
    Last edited by Andy; 10-30-2017 at 12:11 AM.

Man 15 mpg...my 5.0 four wheel drive f150 with oversized mud tires pulling a bass boat gets 14.5. That's highway mostly with very little sitting in traffic. It's a Ford though so you know lol

Quote Originally Posted by jscrog View Post
    Man 15 mpg...my 5.0 four wheel drive f150 with oversized mud tires pulling a bass boat gets 14.5. That's highway mostly with very little sitting in traffic. It's a Ford though so you know lol
    I watched the mileage thingy showing around low 20's doing 75-80, it can be good. The neat thing about the switch to 8 speed transmissions with the V8's in these is that you can do like 1100 rpm at highway speeds. So if you keep the speed down enough, I'm sure it would get pretty amazing mpg's.

Speaking of Fords, I polled the computer in my Crown Vic using Forscan and found the hidden average mileage tally to be 14mpg. All the gas burning, none of the performance, lol.