Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: black or chrome rims pics added

Too bad they don't offer the big engine with their (wimpy?) AWD system. Of course winter isn't much of a thing anymore.
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Why would anyone buy a Chrysler or Dodge? hehe
    Well, if you have impeccable taste and an unassailable sense of value you would automatically consider a Chrysler product. It's not like someone suffering from necrotizing fasciitis of the cranial vault going to visit the Saturn dealership or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Too bad they don't offer the big engine with their (wimpy?) AWD system. Of course winter isn't much of a thing anymore.
    Yeah, that would be REAL interesting if they did that, and not just for winter. Some killer launches could be had for sure. But I suspect the torque multiplication of the 4.7:1 first gear ratio would eat the transfer case for dinner with V8 torque, so they only have that available with the V6's and the 8 speed transmission. Now they do still offer the AWD with the 5.7 V8 police package, but that uses the old 5 speed transmission using a 3.6:1 first gear.

IMO, people get too engrossed with 'old wives tales' regarding winter driving, especially with the rwd/fwd/awd debates. After seeing my Crown Vic with a posi rear end (will spin 2 wheels) float right though an alley that had a FWD car spinning one front wheel and needing to be pushed out of the way, that kind of confirmed my thoughts. Nice to be able to steer the rear instead of praying the front will steer where you want it to go. AWD, yeah, that can really get you going, preferably with some sort of locking differentials in the system. But just how often do you really need something like that, its not like you are off-roading the thing. Too much cost, complexity, and gas usage to operate that. Anyway, having some actual winter tires all around the car do have a noticeable benefit, both starting, and more importantly, stopping. Now that is something to think of getting.

And a final thought...isn't it fun seeing all the CUV drivers in the ditch in the winter? . It's almost like those things attract some real style over substance buyers with seriously lacking common sense issues

I wanted a Ford Edge. Saturn was a settle because of the wheelchair .. all Chryslers do is leak oil which causes smoking from the valves.

Probably be a wheelchair van next, if I can find one cheap enough ( AS IF ). Though I would love the MV-1 or the Ford Explorer wheelchair edition.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    .. all Chryslers do is leak oil which causes smoking from the valves..
    If you never adjust the encabulator or change the sinusoidal fluid, this can happen with any vehicle

I've owned a Ford, Chrysler and GMC vehicle. Chrysler was the biggest let-down and I spent the most money have it fixed. Never again! lol

I am and was always religious with car up-keep ... on the dot with oil changes.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Yep, and yep. 21" high front, 18 or 19 inch high rear (I forget exactly) with a sling back folded down on a TiLite TR sits on the floor of the trunk casters down fine (wheels off). Or the front seat, or back seat.
    thats good to know

You could try uploading a file to here, gotta cut the sizes down a bit if you are shooting at like 4MP or something like that though. One per post automatically opens them, add more and it does a file listing instead.

Anyway, about that Octane Red one, I do like it. Pluses...Driver convienance group...HID headlights-very nice and work real good, rear cross path and backup sensors come in real handy too. Blacktop package good for looks and wider tires, sound group is good above the std radio. Minuses...I like the Super Track Pack in a V6 as I believe it gives you the bigger R/T brakes, and deeper rear gears couldn't hurt. But if you don't care, I'm sure its good without it. The sunroof eats headroom, but I am too tall, so you might be fine with it. I like leather seats as it is easier to slide out, you can get that in a SXT Plus, add $$$, lol. You could order something to your tastes of course.

Indigo Blue? I think you are looking at Contusion Blue, formerly Jazz Blue. Gotta say...I might be rather familiar with that ...

definitley leather

that blue looks good andy

Given the choice, I'd go with the 2nd one. You really do need a V8! lol

But ordering one with the exact stuff you want is a plus

Given the choice, I'd go with the 2nd one. You really do need a V8! lol

But ordering one with the exact stuff you want is a plus
    andy do you like those black wheels better than the chrome or whatever they are