Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ford fusion

ford fusion

time for a new car wanted the fusion for the gas mileage but cant seem to get my chair in the car the bpillar is in the way i leaned seat back and tried taking chair in across like i do in my monte carlo but it just wouldnt fit threw i have a tilite zr2 18x16 chair
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

I think you answered your own question - sedan vs. coupe. One the mods here has a 4-door VW Golf and claims easier chair loading, but I believe he still uses a folding TiLite and stores it in the backseat.

I suggest looking at a Honda Accord coupe. The 2017's will be dropping in price because the 18 model is freaking gorgeous in comparison -

and you can get a 4-banger if you want better mileage.

doh. I am completely wrong - no more Accord coupe. http://www.motortrend.com/cars/honda/accord/2018/

shows how much I know.

I think a sedan really kinda sucks for us, but from what I can tell the doors on Subarus seem to open quite wide. Maybe a WRX or Impreza? Or getting back to the coupe route, what about an Ecoboost Mustang (if gas is a concern)?
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    doh. I am completely wrong - no more Accord coupe. http://www.motortrend.com/cars/honda/accord/2018/

shows how much I know.
    thinking of going with a challenger with the 6 cylinder

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    I think a sedan really kinda sucks for us, but from what I can tell the doors on Subarus seem to open quite wide. Maybe a WRX or Impreza? Or getting back to the coupe route, what about an Ecoboost Mustang (if gas is a concern)?
    i may try that but there really low to ground and not very roomy

I drive a 2017 GT and it's super roomy. I have TR and have no problem passing it over my lap.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

I love my 2015 VW GTI, but I believe VW dropped the 2drs. I guess I'll have to keep it for a while!
    It's easy to load the chair, either to the passengers seat or the back.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    I drive a 2017 GT and it's super roomy. I have TR and have no problem passing it over my lap.
    ill have check it out i just figured it was to small and low

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    thinking of going with a challenger with the 6 cylinder
    You cant go wrong there!

Yeah, 4 doors are a pain. I have an old Crown Vic for a winter/salt beater, and modded the door hinges to open the door wider for wheelchair disassembly/assembly ease. It still really gets battered, but I really don't care. I'd hate to have an expensive new car treated like that.