Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: peristeen accessories?

peristeen accessories?

Hi All,

I couldn't wait anymore for coloplast so I bought a peristeen system and tired it. Now I'm just having problems finding the rectal catheters , any one have any thoughts?

E

Quote Originally Posted by emanshiu View Post
    Hi All,

I couldn't wait anymore for coloplast so I bought a peristeen system and tired it. Now I'm just having problems finding the rectal catheters , any one have any thoughts?

E
    I did a quick internet search with the terms "rectal catheter for peristeen." I found quite at few on line medical suppliers who sell these catheters either by the each or in a package of 10 or 15 catheters. However most seem to be in Canada, the UK, Australia and New Zealand.

If you are in the United States, you could contact Coloplast and ask where you can buy these replacement parts. I suspect that it isn't uncommon for someone to bring their Peristeen unit to the United States when they visit or go to school. But, you know how unresponsive they can be. https://www.coloplast.us/peristeen-a...tem-en-us.aspx
    Last edited by gjnl; 10-23-2017 at 08:01 PM.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    where are you located ?
    are you reusing the catheters ?
    I'm finding the inflatable plastic bags that hold the water give out long before the catheters if you don't over-inflate the balloon.

Last edited by NW-Will; 10-23-2017 at 04:27 PM.

I am reusing them , but still need to have extras on hand , as well as the bag. Where can I get this?

We ordered them from Canada. Look around at the various Canadian distributors online, choose the one with the cheapest price. Not all will ship to the US. We last bought them from Premier Ostomy Center - they had a sale.

You can sometimes pick them up on ebay. I have bought from this guy in the past, who seems to be selling his stash. He used to sell them for less....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Peristeen-R...4AAOSwRoxXn8dl

Quote Originally Posted by hlh View Post
    We ordered them from Canada. Look around at the various Canadian distributors online, choose the one with the cheapest price. Not all will ship to the US. We last bought them from Premier Ostomy Center - they had a sale.

You can sometimes pick them up on ebay. I have bought from this guy in the past, who seems to be selling his stash. He used to sell them for less....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Peristeen-R...4AAOSwRoxXn8dl

thanks for that, wow, 10 buck per....thats insane. and finding the bag seems inpossible

Insane....good? Or bad?

it is a lot cheaper than if you buy them at a provider.

and if you wash and re-use, then $10 lasts a long time, no?

also, the eBay seller sends a bag or two with the catheters. Email him to confirm this.

I bought my kit (the poor man's Peristeen - Less than $150.00 delivered) from this website, Optimal Health Network: https://www.optimalhealthnetwork.com...pplies-s/4.htm

I don't know if you would be able to adapt the catheters to Peristeen or not. They are $16.00 US: http://www.optimalhealthnetwork.com/...llow-p/522.htm

I've used this system 5 times (Reusing the catheter, of course). I am very pleased with results and ease of use. The silicone bag should last forever. It is really heavy duty.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've been using Peristeen for 5 years now ... I've never been able to over-inflate the bag enough to give him this shape ! ;p congrats !
    I also re-use the caths, but if they've been inflated more than 4/5 pump strokes, most of the time they explode at the 2nd use.
    C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
    my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
    Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    how much water are you managing to use?
    This is my third bag to die like this.
    Also had the clips on the tubing die, so on my second pump.

Same here, I've found if I only inflate 3 or fewer pumps the caths last for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by robotnik View Post
    I've been using Peristeen for 5 years now ... I've never been able to over-inflate the bag enough to give him this shape ! ;p congrats !
    I also re-use the caths, but if they've been inflated more than 4/5 pump strokes, most of the time they explode at the 2nd use.