Thread: PIP allowances UK

PIP allowances UK

Hi

I'm currently an incomplete tetra, walking but in pain, numb etc. Been like this since 2008 when a fall and subsequent MRI revealed a historic spinal cord injury from a car crash in 1989, the damage had been missed. I'm currently c5/6/7 fused, l5/s1 fused. cord was 80%* compressed with permanent signal changes. I am in constant pain which worsens with movement and have been put forward for Spinal cord stimulator trial. My question I currently get the normal level of mobility for PIP as I can walk, but as am in constant pain I wondered whether this would count to enhanced mobility? I have retired aged 49 from work on the advice of consultants as although lucky I can walk and move this is also helping to deteriorate the condition so have to be v careful. Any thoughts would be useful, even if it is just to point me to existing threads that deal with UK disability as all I can find are USA references.

I was on apparelyzed as Wobbly and would welcome hellos from any of the old members and new ones here too xx

Much love to you all Karen

I moved your post from the Europe forum, which gets little to no activity, to this forum where it will be seen by more members.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Best to take advice from SIA or one of the other charities. It is based upon a points score and how far you can walk, looking at the criteria https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Do...d%20points.pdf pain doesn't come into it. Unless it limits the distance of course.

hey Karen .are you on the SCI owners Facebook group? that's where most of us have ended up from the UK community!

Quote Originally Posted by Zambi View Post
    hey Karen .are you on the SCI owners Facebook group? that's where most of us have ended up from the UK community!
    Karen has not visited our forums since 2017, so is unlikely to see or respond to your post.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Karen has not visited our forums since 2017, so is unlikely to see or respond to your post.

(KLD)
    I am only being curious asking this question because I am not a computer geek. I visit this site a few times a month but I only log in if I want to post a comment. Does the site know when I visit if I don't long in?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    I am only being curious asking this question because I am not a computer geek. I visit this site a few times a month but I only log in if I want to post a comment. Does the site know when I visit if I don't long in?
    No, but I believe most members choose the "remember me" feature so that they are automatically logged on if on the same device each time they visit.

(KLD)