Thread: PIP allowances UK

PIP allowances UK

Hi

I'm currently an incomplete tetra, walking but in pain, numb etc. Been like this since 2008 when a fall and subsequent MRI revealed a historic spinal cord injury from a car crash in 1989, the damage had been missed. I'm currently c5/6/7 fused, l5/s1 fused. cord was 80%* compressed with permanent signal changes. I am in constant pain which worsens with movement and have been put forward for Spinal cord stimulator trial. My question I currently get the normal level of mobility for PIP as I can walk, but as am in constant pain I wondered whether this would count to enhanced mobility? I have retired aged 49 from work on the advice of consultants as although lucky I can walk and move this is also helping to deteriorate the condition so have to be v careful. Any thoughts would be useful, even if it is just to point me to existing threads that deal with UK disability as all I can find are USA references.

I was on apparelyzed as Wobbly and would welcome hellos from any of the old members and new ones here too xx

Much love to you all Karen

I moved your post from the Europe forum, which gets little to no activity, to this forum where it will be seen by more members.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Best to take advice from SIA or one of the other charities. It is based upon a points score and how far you can walk, looking at the criteria https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Do...d%20points.pdf pain doesn't come into it. Unless it limits the distance of course.