Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My latest adventures, all sorts of fun this summer

My latest adventures, all sorts of fun this summer

I've been doing all sorts of fun stuff this year. Let's see, I started in May by a thing they put on here in Arizona called day on the lake. The Barrows Neurological Institute rehab recreational therapist is a friend of mine and always reminds me when something is coming up. This year I got to get on the water ski and skim the top of the water. It was a lot of fun. There were four things we got to do. Jet ski, waterski, fishing and then a party boat at the end of the day. Waterskiing was my favorite. I got up to a pretty good speed and the long run, maybe four minutes straight and several stops and go.
    In July there was a retreat called "camp with a ramp". There was a group of us final print injuries who got to go north up at a ranch a little bit north of Payson Arizona. It was a three-day basically a camping trip where there was a variety of separate stuff we can do. The first night we got to do a dance. It was a blast. A bunch of the volunteers got in the sports chairs that were brought there. The next day started with getting on a horse and riding around a corral. Of course I did a bunch of people told me of what the saddle had a really high seatback so I was strapped to that so I really wouldn't fall. We all gathered for lunch and the next thing I was signed up for was archery. It was a suction cup arrow so we didn't really hurt anybody or anything. I actually hit a target. It wasn't my target but I got it. LOL. Later that night we got to tell stories around a fire pit. I got to tell a few goofy stories that I always come up with on the spot. A lot of the people were laughing pretty good. The next day started with me getting back on a horse. I used to be a cowboy so riding the horse felt really good. Then we all got to get in a picture and then drove us home.
    A few weeks ago I got to get back in the water. I loved waterskiing. I overheated on the jet ski. It was over 100? out and of course we weren't getting wet riding on top of the jet ski so I spent some time getting sprayed down in front of a fan to cool myself off and getting back in the water to ride on the waterski again.
    I've had all sorts of fun over the past year. In February I went skiing at snowball. They put us on a sit ski and got us going down the mountain pretty fast. To turn all I had to do was lean my head a little bit and the ski would lean over onto little skis on the side to keep me from falling over and the ski in the middle would make it turn. Of course there is someone behind me holding onto a rope attached to the ski so it ended going to too fast but he did say that I probably got up to 35 mph. There was a girl going down the mountain with us taking video so I posted it on YouTube along with a bunch of other stuff.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Water skiing looks like a blast. Is there a snow skiing video of you? I didn't search for one.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Awesome! Seize the day!
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

Great Year! I think I would greatly prefer water skiing over snow skiing.

They were both a lot of fun although it felt really good to you in the water after being in 100? heat for a little while.
    Here I am IN THE SNOW

Cut that
    Got that
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Horseback riding up north
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Great to see you active!

Sounds like you have had an adventurous few months!!

You're living large, way to go ry!