Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a hand held remote controler for Ricon lift

The transmitter that I had did the same thing. Sometimes just tapping it would make it work, then one day I dropped it and it never worked again. That's when I went through the motions of building my own system because I couldn't get a new one through Braun.
    You might want to open your remote up and see if there's anything obvious like a solder joint. You don't necessarily have to find the receiver in your van but it would make things easier to figure things out. More than likely it's behind an upholstery panel on the same side as the taillight that has the mag switches, typically right (passenger) side.

There is someplace in town that repairs transmitters for model cars, planes etc. Might have them take a look at it if I ever get to town.

I'm surprised more folks aren't having problems. Thanks for your help man!

That might be the best way to embark on this repair, might save you some pain. But, I do know that these aftermarket remote will work on these older lifts, just a matter of figuring out the wiring that connects to the motors/actuators.

I did the same as Rustyjames. I paralleled wires from a receiver similar to the one that he posted to the control wires of the wired remote on the inside. I have a Ricon lift. It wasn't real difficult to do.

That's the ticket, all you have to do is tap into your existing wiring and Bob's your Uncle! An inexpensive solution to a very costly repair if you go the mobility dealer route. When I build mine I install a switch on the receiver to shut it off in case the van is going to sit for awhile, saves the battery.

It should be noted that most of these transmitters don't have a shut off switch so you have to be careful carrying/storing them. The distance they work is really incredible, easily will function at 75-100' from inside.

I dis the same. I had a keyed disconnect installed above the front wheel well just for that reason. If my van sat for long periods without use, the receiver would drain my battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent K View Post
    I did the same as Rustyjames. I paralleled wires from a receiver similar to the one that he posted to the control wires of the wired remote on the inside. I have a Ricon lift. It wasn't real difficult to do.
    You lost me after "paralleled wires" but it sounds great.

I'm going to have a little hobby shop look at my remote this afternoon.

I've done this to a few different lifts one of which is a unilite.. It's fairly easy if you understand how 12v relays work. If you don't, google is your friend. You can use any 4 channel keychain remote like this one for example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-4CH-Cha...oAAOSwnVVZmpvh. But some receivers output becomes ground when the button isn't pushed. This will short out your lift so you must add another 12v relay like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DNF-2-PAIR-...gAAOSwo3pWguZK inline to isolate the ground. So the 12v output from the receiver for each channel activates another relay that sends power to the lift. The output from each of these relays gets spliced into the toggle switches on your dash that operate your lift. The toggle switch will have 3 terminals on the back of it. The middle is the 12v supply the top and bottom will be stow and deploy. The other switch is up and down. Just splice in the 4 wires from the relays to the top and bottom terminals of the toggle switches.

Got my remote back from the hobby shop and it works better than ever.

One toggle switch was bad and one of the wires connecting to the 9v battery was only hanging on by two strands. All fixed and cleaned for only 30 bucks.

I'm very happy and satisfied with their business and workmanship. Thanks everybody for your help, greatly appreciated!

Good to hear you're back in business. That was more than reasonable repair charge.