Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bowel help?

I found the following things to be really helpful - bowel program at same time daily while sitting up, drink about 16oz hot tea with cream about 40-45 minutes before clearing rectal vault and inserting magic bullet, 2-3 rounds dig stim. Have substituted hot lemonade with small amount (tsp or two) coconut oil in it when congested. I find it important to have consistent timing etc - very rarely have accident and then is usually due to stomach ailment. Best wishes that you find a set of practices that work for you soon!

Thanks everyone for the replies. Ordered some magic bullet and gonna give it a whirl. haha.. no pun intended.

Yes the rectal vault must be cleared when using suppository ( recommend Bisacodyl Magic Bullet) or Enemeez. You could possibly get Enemees ( or generic Vacusol) samples by contacting the company( Alliance) @ www.enemeez.com It is absorbed through the intestinal mucosal and won't work if too much stool and is blocked. The goal is to clean out the lower part of the intestines so no accidents and to have a routine program.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.