Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Calories and weight loss.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    i only drink on sat/sun not during the week.
    Thanks, that sounds good.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

read jason fungs books
    obesity code
    complete guide to fasting

ive read both several times. our bodies work similiar to a diabetics. i think thats why IF is so effective for sci.
    also to kick start try a 36 hour fast monday and friday. weigh in saturday mornings.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    Thanks, that sounds good.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I had never heard of Jason Fung and am very glad to know about those books! My husband is diabetic and maybe he'll become interested in IF. I didn't realize that SCI works similarly to diabetes, but it makes sense and I can see IF being a longterm solution to many health problems. Thank you for pointing me in Dr. Fung's direction.

our bodies work similiar to a diabetics.
    How so?

I'm now making progress after working my way down to 1200 calories a day. Lost about 10kg and waist has come down over 10cm which helps to keep me going. Difficult to stick to as I always have a couple of chocolate biscuits and a few squares of chocolate each day but I can't give these or my cappuccinos up.

Cut out all bread and now on lacto free milk which might be the reason my waist has reduced. I'm still getting a 3cm+ waist difference morning to evening and the quad belly won't shift.

Congratulations on your weight loss, mrb!

great work. the belly will shrink but never go away, its our insides. for it to shrink you need the viscural fat around the organs to reduce. with 45 pd lose mine is down significantly. im happy to pm u before and after pics. ive taken progress pics from the start which i highly recommend.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    I'm now making progress after working my way down to 1200 calories a day. Lost about 10kg and waist has come down over 10cm which helps to keep me going. Difficult to stick to as I always have a couple of chocolate biscuits and a few squares of chocolate each day but I can't give these or my cappuccinos up.

Cut out all bread and now on lacto free milk which might be the reason my waist has reduced. I'm still getting a 3cm+ waist difference morning to evening and the quad belly won't shift.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I have all the respect in the world for anyone here that pulls that off, mrb. I am trying to get there.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I'm a lot more conscientious on filling my food diary in which helped a lot, what I thought was 1500 calories a day was actually more when I put the real weight of a portion in. Gradually reduced portion sizes but kept calories for the inevitable chocolate craving at 9pm. Slowly daily calories dropped until I could manage on 1200,I don't do vegetables just carbs from pasta, potatoes and some meat for protein plus sweet stuff like chocolate and chocolate biscuits. Far from ideal but having my favourite food makes it bearable, I'd soon give in if I had to change to foods I don't want to eat. For me that has been the key, no radical change in the food I eat.

Being C3 complete I can't exercise other than my FES bike which I use 5/6 days a week, 90 mins average session is about 50 cals or 2 squares of my favourite chocolate

Basal metabolic rate (BMR)

GOTCHA. lmk how u do. imo, key is eating/drinking whatever on sat/sun. keeps my metabolism cranking.
    on your 600 cal 24 hr IF days keep that meal clean. weigh everything. food scale is our bff
    fuentejps,

What do you use to measure your BMR?

When your BMR rate is cracking how do you know what speed it is at? Kcal/sec? What is the units for BMR?

How do I determine my BMR and how do I keep it cranking?

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."