Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728
Results 271 to 278 of 278

Thread: Calories and weight loss.

  1. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashms View Post
    I've been really bad the last couple of weeks gained 5.2 pounds over thanksgiving and to be weighed later today but i am not back on track again either. been really struggling as i am craving carbs and junk food. so we will see hopefully it isn't that much of a gain.
    consider taking off till new year. i'll weigh this saturday then im done till new years. gotta enjoy these special holiday times
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  2. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    consider taking off till new year. i'll weigh this saturday then im done till new years. gotta enjoy these special holiday times
    That's very sound advice. I plan to do that, myself. Smash, whatever you gain in the next three weeks won't be catastrophic. We might as well be guilt-free over the holidays.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

  3. #273
    yah ive read several articles that say avg gain is only 2lbs of fat everything else bloat. thats during entire holiday season. they used to say 10 lbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    That's very sound advice. I plan to do that, myself. Smash, whatever you gain in the next three weeks won't be catastrophic. We might as well be guilt-free over the holidays.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  4. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    yah ive read several articles that say avg gain is only 2lbs of fat everything else bloat. thats during entire holiday season. they used to say 10 lbs.
    Wow, that is encouraging! I do remember the 10 lb estimate - 2 lb sounds waaay better.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

  5. #275
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  6. #276
    Webmd seems to be having issues right now, I get the Error 404 message showing that the problem is on webmd's end. The Time article makes a good point - not much weight gain over the holidays, but people tend to keep it on and after a few years, that slight gain adds up. Good reminder to get back on track after New Years.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

  7. #277
    yeah i have considered it however my parents are still paying for weight watchers so i still have to weigh in weekly. only gained .8 this week so it wasn't h=as bad as i thought thank god.
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

  8. #278
    if you take a break i would not recommend weighing in. you will hold water
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashms View Post
    yeah i have considered it however my parents are still paying for weight watchers so i still have to weigh in weekly. only gained .8 this week so it wasn't h=as bad as i thought thank god.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-25-2012, 09:33 PM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 10:07 PM
  3. Weight Training Not Enough for Weight Loss
    By Max in forum Exercise & Recovery
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 08:00 AM
  4. Calories vs Weight Loss
    By Shawn in forum Care
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-20-2002, 05:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •