Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Calories and weight loss.

How are you folks being weighed?

i use a hanging scale on overhead lift
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Well, my weight loss has now been blamed for the recurring pressure sore on my ischial, no matter what we do it won't heal properly and is easily damaged again. Nurses think that as well as my waist I've lost too much off my butt. So I am lighter and easier for my carers to handle but stuck in bed even though it doesn't seem to make any difference to the sore healing.

yah we gotta watch our butts when losing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    Well, my weight loss has now been blamed for the recurring pressure sore on my ischial, no matter what we do it won't heal properly and is easily damaged again. Nurses think that as well as my waist I've lost too much off my butt. So I am lighter and easier for my carers to handle but stuck in bed even though it doesn't seem to make any difference to the sore healing.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

im down another pound and im eating more. i guess i need more cals still to maintain.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    im down another pound and im eating more. i guess i need more cals still to maintain.
    That's great, your metabolism has permanently revved up! I'm maintaining on about 1400 calories a day, which is 200 more than I could eat before IF.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    That's great, your metabolism has permanently revved up! I'm maintaining on about 1400 calories a day, which is 200 more than I could eat before IF.
    sure is......... ive never experience my metabolism ramping up as a quad.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Regarding butt sores, it would seem that weekly FES on the glutes would help...
    Been IFing for about 10 days now. Switched from the MWF fast days to just 1-9PM eating and hoping that works!
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Regarding butt sores, it would seem that weekly FES on the glutes would help...
    Been IFing for about 10 days now. Switched from the MWF fast days to just 1-9PM eating and hoping that works!
    just remember 18 hrs is the sweet spot to start fat burning. if you are just maintaining 1-9(16-8) may work but im not certain how it will be if your trying to lose. how much did you lose on your first 10 days mwf??
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

I'm not Mize, but for the record I'm doing 16/8 (and sometimes 15/9 or 14/10), and I lost 2.5 lbs in the first 10 days, starting Aug. 22. By Sep. 19 (28 days), I had lost the 10 lbs that I wanted to lose, and went on to lose 5 more as a margin. If you add up the fasting hours per week on 16/8 (16 hours fasting x 7 days =112 hours), the fasting hours actually come out to more than the full-day fast plan. I think the choice might come down to lifestyle and preference. But I'm no expert - and I'm not great at math, either, so I hope I've crunched the numbers correctly.
    Last edited by Bonnette; 11-05-2018 at 07:56 PM. Reason: correction
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions