Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627

Thread: Calories and weight loss.

Mention of water gain reminded me why I bought the scales. In June 2016 I had a pleural effusion that almost stopped me breathing, ended up in hospital where they drained 3.5 litres of fluid from my chest. 3.5 litres = 3.5kg if I had been weighing myself I would of noticed that weight gain. Regular weighing is not just for weight loss it has other benefits.

yeah john i did also. it was too much to gain in a week. will take another lasix tonight anyway just to be sure all water weight is gone for tomorrow weigh in
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    Mention of water gain reminded me why I bought the scales. In June 2016 I had a pleural effusion that almost stopped me breathing, ended up in hospital where they drained 3.5 litres of fluid from my chest. 3.5 litres = 3.5kg if I had been weighing myself I would of noticed that weight gain. Regular weighing is not just for weight loss it has other benefits.
    very true! i have chf also so i should have known better!! but felt ok still.
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Smashms View Post
    yeah john i did also. it was too much to gain in a week. will take another lasix tonight anyway just to be sure all water weight is gone for tomorrow weigh in
    we are taking off for the holiday starting today. wont weigh again until dec 1st. im still going to fast mon/tues next week but thats it.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    we are taking off for the holiday starting today. wont weigh again until dec 1st. im still going to fast mon/tues next week but thats it.
    Have a great holiday, see you later!
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions