Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Calories and weight loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashms View Post
    only gained .2 this past week back on track since but did go off again today.
    Not a bad gain at all! I know you were relieved, I always am when the scales surprise me in a good way after going off the plan.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

thats nothing smash. nice surprise.
    im gettuing dialed now i think. i have steadily raised my week day cals over last 2 weeks and am maintaining not losing now, which is good. i ended up 2lbs under goal.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    thats nothing smash. nice surprise.
    im gettuing dialed now i think. i have steadily raised my week day cals over last 2 weeks and am maintaining not losing now, which is good. i ended up 2lbs under goal.
    Fantastic!

great job john!!!
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Down another pound. Man, this IF has my metabolism ramped up. Im eating more and still losing. Good problem to have i suppose. Annalisa and i start our holiday(christmas) fun next week, so the extra buffer will be helpful.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    Down another pound. Man, this IF has my metabolism ramped up. Im eating more and still losing. Good problem to have i suppose. Annalisa and i start our holiday(christmas) fun next week, so the extra buffer will be helpful.
    Right, not a bad problem to have, especially with the festivities coming up. Hope you and Annalisa (what a pretty name) have a great time.

I'm doing the 16:8 (sometimes 15:9 or 14:10), and even on that modified IF plan, my metabolism has sped up. I can eat an extraordinary amount some days without gaining. Pretty amazing stuff, this IF.

The only downside to my weight loss is the cost of new clothes, jeans that I bought less than 6 months ago are now too baggy, another size down has a little room to spare. Sweaters and hoodies now too baggy as well.

Waist has dropped in size but quad belly remains, even more pronounced because of the waist reduction. So how do I shift the belly given that I am C3 complete and can't move?

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    the only downside to my weight loss is the cost of new clothes, jeans that i bought less than 6 months ago are now too baggy, another size down has a little room to spare. Sweaters and hoodies now too baggy as well.

Waist has dropped in size but quad belly remains, even more pronounced because of the waist reduction. So how do i shift the belly given that i am c3 complete and can't move?
    wow my gut has decreased substantially. Do you have before and now belly shots? I do, huge difference...........i dont mind clothes being bit baggier, i havent lost muscle up top through my shoulders etc but im c5-6 so i am able to train daily still.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

No photos of the belly sadly, got one from a night out last December that prompted a serious diet. Waist has come down 4-5 inches if not more on non bloated days. Can't do any training other than FES bike for legs.

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    No photos of the belly sadly, got one from a night out last December that prompted a serious diet. Waist has come down 4-5 inches if not more on non bloated days. Can't do any training other than FES bike for legs.
    as long as you notice and feel better thats what matters. i have weekly pictures up to when i hit goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    Right, not a bad problem to have, especially with the festivities coming up. Hope you and Annalisa (what a pretty name) have a great time.

I'm doing the 16:8 (sometimes 15:9 or 14:10), and even on that modified IF plan, my metabolism has sped up. I can eat an extraordinary amount some days without gaining. Pretty amazing stuff, this IF.
    thx. yes IF is all they say it is, im a believer.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com