Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Calories and weight loss.

Good points. The way i if 16/8 wasnt enough for losing. But i eat drink watever i want sat/sun no if. That could be why.
    Quote Originally Posted by bonnette View Post
    i'm not mize, but for the record i'm doing 16/8 (and sometimes 15/9 or 14/10), and i lost 2.5 lbs in the first 10 days, starting aug. 22. By sep. 19 (28 days), i had lost the 10 lbs that i wanted to lose, and went on to lose 5 more as a margin. If you add up the fasting hours per week on 16/8 (16 hours fasting x 7 days =112 hours), the fasting hours actually come out to more than the full-day fast plan. I think the choice might come down to lifestyle and preference. But i'm no expert - and i'm not great at math, either, so i hope i've crunched the numbers correctly.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    Good points. The way i if 16/8 wasnt enough for losing. But i eat drink watever i want sat/sun no if. That could be why.
    Right, that could be the key to how it's working with your metabolism. It's fascinating to me that IF is so versatile - just about everyone can find a way to tweak it so that it works with their lifestyles, as long as extended, consistent hours of fasting are built into the tweaks.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

I'm not good about frequent weighings as I only have a floor scale in the garage so I have to get in my manual chair, weigh me in it, then get my wife to weight the chair (weight varies with what's in my huge under-seat bag). I don't use my manual chair much during the week as I use a standing power chair at work along with a standing desk so I can vary my position throughout the day.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

holding steady this week. with holiday fun on tuesday nights im basically doing 3 full cheat days now.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

holding steady this week. with holiday fun on tuesday nights im basically doing 3 full cheat days now.
    That's great! What happens on Tuesday nights?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    That's great! What happens on Tuesday nights?
    we go out and christmas shop,do holiday stuff and dinner/cocktails just one of our traditions. spreading christmas cheer
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Been doing IF as well for a few months. Staying away from the scale and not counting calories though. A shirt that was tight AF is now loose. I can really see it in my face and neck.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

we go out and christmas shop,do holiday stuff and dinner/cocktails just one of our traditions. spreading christmas cheer
    Oh, that sounds like so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Been doing IF as well for a few months. Staying away from the scale and not counting calories though. A shirt that was tight AF is now loose. I can really see it in my face and neck.
    Yay lyniffer! That's fantastic! Are you doing a full-day fast plan, or a variation of 16/8?

Well, admittedly this is easier while sick - lol. The longest I fasted was 53hrs. Normally I like to go 30hrs, then eat. Essentially I'm sticking to every other day.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12