Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Permobil M3 Programming Questions

Permobil M3 Programming Questions

Hi,

I recently purchased a new M3 off ebay and I'm in the process of getting it all setup. In the past, I've used the programming dongle to successfully setup & configure my M300 using the R-Net software and the ICS buttons. On the M300 all of that was pretty straight-forward. With the new M3 controller, several things have changed and don't seem to be clearly documented yet. Even finding the correct place to plug in thhe dongle was an experience (thanks Timm/RollPositive) that could have been easier. I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

The M3 came with elevate, tilt, recline, power leg tilt, power leg length, active reach, lights, bluetooth, and IR.

My main display looks like this:

There are a few things that I can't quite figure out:

#1) I can't figure out what the M3 on the main display does ("A"). Right now nothing happens. I was assuming and hoped that it toggled the M3 seating mode without having to toggle the power/profile/mode switch.

#2) Button "14 up/dn" ("B") adjusts my power legrests length up & down, but I haven't been able to figure out how to set the up/dn limits.

#3) Button "11 up/dn" ("C") does some active reach thingy, but it's so scary I haven't let it complete its cycle so I need to also be able to set its values so I don't end up in the floor.

#4) My M300 has memory settings called M1, M2 and M3 that would hold three different seating configurations. You'd configure those settings by adjusting the chair to the desired position, hold your joystick back until the display clears, then push and hold the joystick forward to save the current seating positions to the currently selected memory location. My M3 only has an M3 setting. I'm assuming M1 and M2 are being used by the power legrest length ("B") and active reach settings ("C") above. The joystick configuration methods does not work on the M3 like it did on the M300. If I push the joystick forward on the M3, it goes into a seating configuration while pulling back goes into another seating configuration. I'm thinking you configure "B", "C", and M3 using the same technique. I just don't know the special key sequence to make that happen.

#5) When I hit the power/profile/mode toggle twice (to go from Indoor->Normal->Seating Modes) the M3 button on the main display changes to an M1. That M1 simply takes me back to drive mode. I'm not sure if that's correct or not, just seems kind of useless since hitting the toggle once more would do the same thing.

#6) I don't use any of the Bluetooth or IR features so I'm not sure if those are getting in the way of anything.

Any help would be appreciated. I've also attached my R-NET settings if anyone wants to load it into the R-NET software and peek around.

Thanks,
    David
    Attached Files Attached Files

Curtiss-Wright engineers will have all the answers and are willing to help. Contact Fabio at GiarratanoF@curtisswright.com

Thanks, gjnl! I'll give Fabio a try. Who should I say gave me his email?

Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    Thanks, gjnl! I'll give Fabio a try. Who should I say gave me his email?
    You saw a reference to Curtiss-Wright along with his email address on a forum you belong to.
    Last edited by gjnl; 10-16-2017 at 04:56 PM.

Oh well, Fabio was a waste of time. He refuses to help since I purchased my chair from a dealer on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    Oh well, Fabio was a waste of time. He refuses to help since I purchased my chair from a dealer on eBay.
    Sorry. I don't know of what possible concern that would be of his. Odd.

Oh, no problem gjnl. You have nothing to be sorry for. I appreciate the help. The response from Fabio was a bit disappointing though. I've purchased several chairs through dealers on eBay over the past many years and have never had any problem getting help. Fabio was the first.

Try Permobil. I purchased my M400 used and they were very helpful. I started the conversation by giving them the serial number of the C500 that came from them new, then gave them the serial number of the used chair. Was your M300 purchased new?

Thanks! That second one looks promising!