Thread: Safe chest decongestant?

Question Safe chest decongestant?

Does anyone have recommendations on a benign but strong upper respiratory decongestant? I'd like to avoid quad coughing and the rest that comes with it? Quick thoughts?

Try Mucinex.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    Does anyone have recommendations on a benign but strong upper respiratory decongestant? I'd like to avoid quad coughing and the rest that comes with it? Quick thoughts?
    Pound on your chest with your palm. Have some one pound all over your back for about 10 to 15 minutes in the morning and evening or as needed.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

I use Microcyn with a nebulizer mask, twice a day. It's way, way off label, but it works. Without it I'd be on antibiotics pretty much constantly.

I also find oil of oregano to be helpful for keeping my sinuses clear, but only when taken consistently.

Thank you all. It progressed fast. Going to er, could be pneumonia. Two days and barely can breathe.

Yikes, please keep us posted. Best wishes.