Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy rims that you can attach push rims too

Where to buy rims that you can attach push rims too

Anyone know where I could buy rims to build a set of wheels that I can mount pushrims too

Quote Originally Posted by djrolling View Post
    Anyone know where I could buy rims to build a set of wheels that I can mount pushrims too
    https://suncomponents.com/products/rims/

Sun doesn't sell direct. Used to be able to order these through Sportaid. And some bicycle shops can get them via their Sun Ringle accounts.
    Spinergy used to sell the rims for their Wires, but that, too, has been quite a while ago. Phone number's on their website. Ryan Baker is the wheelchair guy (also a user).

You can attach riv-nut handrims to any wheel, regardless of the wheel rim type. Riv-nut handrims attach to the spokes, not the wheel rim. No need to seek special wheel rims.

See my guide here and let me know if you have any questions
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...68#post1815568

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    You can attach riv-nut handrims to any wheel, regardless of the wheel rim type. Riv-nut handrims attach to the spokes, not the wheel rim. No need to seek special wheel rims.

See my guide here and let me know if you have any questions
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...68#post1815568
    Thanks I will give that a try. Does it matter if I put it on the outside spoke or inside spoke? Does it make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by djrolling View Post
    Thanks I will give that a try. Does it matter if I put it on the outside spoke or inside spoke? Does it make a difference?
    Outside.

I mean... I don't imagine it matters physics-wise, but I can't think of a reason not to put them on the outside spokes.

hey djrolling, we sell push rims at indemedical.com. Also hope not breaking any rules posting my website on her to the mediator of this forum if so my apologies. Here's the link please give us a shout if we can help. Nick M. at www.indemedical.com https://www.indemedical.com/HandrimsPushrims_c_201.html

Nick, your site is showing 4, 6, and 8 riv nut rims. Are the 4's and 8's usually bought by racers? I was surprised to see them.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nmireles View Post
    hey djrolling, we sell push rims at indemedical.com. Also hope not breaking any rules posting my website on her to the mediator of this forum if so my apologies. Here's the link please give us a shout if we can help. Nick M. at www.indemedical.com https://www.indemedical.com/HandrimsPushrims_c_201.html
    I have push rims. I want to build a set of wheels using wheels I already have but instead of the 24 inch rims I want 25/26 inch rims since that is what I have gone to for the most part

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    Outside.

I mean... I don't imagine it matters physics-wise, but I can't think of a reason not to put them on the outside spokes.
    The reason I asked is that I was thinking I could use the sleeves I already have that came with the wheels, I will be taking push rims off of wheels I have, and if I attach to the inside spokes it looks like the push rims will stick out from the wheel the same distance as the do now

Where did you buy the clips at? Having a hard time finding them.