Thread: Problem with smart drive buttons/wiring?

Problem with smart drive buttons/wiring?

Anyone have this go bad? I haven't been able to use my smart drive in a year because mine went bad, and it was purchased through voc rehab who I can't reach so I don't know how to get a replacement. First I was having issues with the buttons themselves, and then the wiring. I think what finally cooked the bucket was where the jack plugs into the battery. Sometimes fiddling with it would get it working again. When things were going bad I had some scary moments of malfunctioning where the smart drive wouldn't stop. It went bad about a month outside the 1 year warranty too.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

What did MaxMobility say? If you haven't called them do it anyway.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

i had the same thing happen. i contacted maxmobility and they sent me new wiring/buttons which solved the problem.

Was your chair still under warranty when they sent them out? I hadn't contacted them directly because I've had so many issues contacting them directly in the past. But I haven't had the energy to get my dme out over it and the other issues. My. Dme is awful, nothing but trouble. Missing items going on nearly 3 years now. Ones Medicaid paid for and I haven't gotten.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

MM had some faulty switches. If you just ask them about it they will probably just send you a replacement. But if you never call them... I only know this because he saw mine when I complained and handed me a replacement on the spot at an Expo.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Definitely call max mobility direct. Explain to them you are having difficulty with the dme company covering your warranty. Max mobility is real easy to work with they will just ask for your serial number. Then let you know if it's still under warranty. Then you just pay to ship it in they typically will trouble shoot it. Tell you if it's covered or if there's any extra fees if somethings not covered. Then they will ship it back they are so easy to work with.