Thread: Pain in Hard Palate of Mouth

Denver, Colorado USA ---- C5/6 Complete 1985

Pain in Hard Palate of Mouth

A few weeks ago, I bit into an apple and had a sharp pain in the palate right behind my front top teeth. The pain is still there (I notice it when I press my tongue there), and it gets aggravated whenever I bite something straight on, even coarse ground bread. I wouldn't dare bite something like an apple again (unless it is cut up).

Has anyone else experienced this? I suspect that it could be related to over-using my teeth as tools (for 32 years). I'm shocked to find that I started a different thread 5 years ago, related to pain from over using our teeth. I don't remember having the old problem so I guess it didn't last long.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?208058-Using-teeth-as-tools&highlight=teeth

I've seen two doctors about the new palate pain, and they found no sign of bruising, so they think it is a dental problem. My teeth feel fine. The pain is deeper, like in the bones behind/above the front teeth, in the hard palate.

Any ideas or similar experiences?

I'm pretty sure I grind my teeth at night, but I think that's only in the back.

"The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but thought about it. Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking. Separate them from the situation, which is always neutral. It is as it is."
    --Eckhart Tolle

I had a front upper tooth that just started to hurt for no reason. Was like 20 years ago. It got worse over a few years. Dentist could not find a problem wanted to do a root canal. I said no that's not the problem it something different. I have had root canal before. This pain was different. So I told him to pull it. He didn't want to but after he pulled it he said I did the right thing. It came out real easy also. Looked good to me but the pain was killing me. After that no more pain.
    Art

Time to see a dentist. They can take x-rays. Probably the root has cracked.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.