Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Southern California trip

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    When I was a youngster (18 years old), I hitchhiked around the country with a high school buddy of mine and we spent only one day in Santa Monica. At night we slept on top of the life guard stations on the beach. We saw the Hollywood walk of fame, got drunk and stoned. Some jack wagon was going to let us stay at his place overnight but he turned out to be a transvestite and we got the hell out of there right quick! Here we are about 45 years later and I wish I had spent more time in the LA area.
    That is funny I grew up in that area in high school days in the late 70's. Many a night on those life guard towers till the sun came up!

Or when friends would come in or family they always wanted to walk Hollywood Blvd. It was pretty sketchy back those days...hookers, pimps, drug dealers and tourist thinking stars would be walking around!!

End up down at the Whisky or Rainbow room and sneak in at 17 and 18!

Now its changed not sure for the good!

FYI, I sent the following email to The Hard Rock Hotel and The Manchester Hyatt last week:

I am hoping that you could assist me with a question regarding the wheelchair accessible accommodations at your hotel, or could kindly pass my question along to housekeeping/maintenance. Could you please tell me if the beds that are in the wheelchair accessible rooms are the standard platform style beds, or if there is clearance between the bed frame and floor? The reason I ask is that due to my disability I use a special lift to get in/out of bed, and the lift requires space between the bed frame and floor to operate (approximately 4 inches of clearance are needed). I've included a picture of the lift for your reference if needed. If the bed is a platform style bed (which would not work for my needs), would it be possible for the hotel to provide some type of modification to the bed to allow my lift to work? Oftentimes with enough notice I have found that hotels have been able to provide a standard bed frame for my stay, or make other modifications. Tentatively I am looking to stay September 2018. I appreciate your time.

I promptly received the following replies:

From Hard Rock:
    Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for reaching out! The bed frames in our rooms are a platform style and would not have the clearance for the lift below. If need be, we can install a metal frame in your room to accommodate your lift. If you decide to move forward with your booking, please give us advance notice so we can prepare such accommodations.

Have a great Thanksgiving and we look forward to welcoming you in the future!

From Hyatt:
    Some of our accessible rooms have the beds set up so that a lift could fit underneath. The clearance would be about 4.5-5 inches. If you think this would work for you, please let me know and I will put you in touch with our reservations department to make a reservation. Thank you so much for reaching out to us! We look forward to hearing from you!

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    FYI, I sent the following email to The Hard Rock Hotel and The Manchester Hyatt last week:

I am hoping that you could assist me with a question regarding the wheelchair accessible accommodations at your hotel, or could kindly pass my question along to housekeeping/maintenance. Could you please tell me if the beds that are in the wheelchair accessible rooms are the standard platform style beds, or if there is clearance between the bed frame and floor? The reason I ask is that due to my disability I use a special lift to get in/out of bed, and the lift requires space between the bed frame and floor to operate (approximately 4 inches of clearance are needed). I've included a picture of the lift for your reference if needed. If the bed is a platform style bed (which would not work for my needs), would it be possible for the hotel to provide some type of modification to the bed to allow my lift to work? Oftentimes with enough notice I have found that hotels have been able to provide a standard bed frame for my stay, or make other modifications. Tentatively I am looking to stay September 2018. I appreciate your time.

I promptly received the following replies:

From Hard Rock:
    Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for reaching out! The bed frames in our rooms are a platform style and would not have the clearance for the lift below. If need be, we can install a metal frame in your room to accommodate your lift. If you decide to move forward with your booking, please give us advance notice so we can prepare such accommodations.

Have a great Thanksgiving and we look forward to welcoming you in the future!

From Hyatt:
    Some of our accessible rooms have the beds set up so that a lift could fit underneath. The clearance would be about 4.5-5 inches. If you think this would work for you, please let me know and I will put you in touch with our reservations department to make a reservation. Thank you so much for reaching out to us! We look forward to hearing from you!

I think its a much better choice...Hard Rock is nice if your expecting there kind of experience. Hyatt is more upscale, nice pool, fire pit area, near the trolley and Amtrac, The headquarters is right next door for shopping and restaurants, the bay walk is nice!

Keep an eye out Monday for Flash sales you can reserve a room cheap and then email the hotel and have them block one of those rooms, see if you can get a bay view at the same time then have them send you pictures of the room!

http://theheadquarters.com/