Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimobility rogue - any experiences?

Kimobility rogue - any experiences?

Hey everyone! I just saw my physical therapist and one of my dme reps about getting a new chair. Going in, I was thinking a tilite ZR, but they were steering me towards a kimobility rogue, saying that their customer service was much better and the chair itself was also very good. I can’t find much on the web about it, though, except from the manufacturer. Anyone know the pros and cons vs the tilite, or another chair I should be considering?
    Thanks,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by taziar View Post
    Hey everyone! I just saw my physical therapist and one of my dme reps about getting a new chair. Going in, I was thinking a tilite ZR, but they were steering me towards a kimobility rogue, saying that their customer service was much better and the chair itself was also very good. I can?t find much on the web about it, though, except from the manufacturer. Anyone know the pros and cons vs the tilite, or another chair I should be considering?
    Thanks,
    Brian
    Follow this thread : http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...-happened-here
    (start at post 1)

Let's see what Kimobility has to say about this.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I've been doing this for a while, and i'm always suspicious when DMEs start pushing a certain product, chair or cushion. There is typically an ulterior motive on their part, and it usually isn't because they want you to get the best option for you.($$$$) Most of us have been burned and end up with very expensive equipment sitting in a closet bc it's wrong, and unusable. Yes I'm kinda cranky about it, but glad to see you are researching and not taking the DME's recommendations as gospel.

My DME pushed hard for the much less popular Rogue, and if I recall the prices were very similar to the Tilite ZRA v2 that I ended up going with. My ZRA costed a bit more only because I chose the "superlite" option that wasn't available on the Rogue. So now have a lighter chair made out of tougher Titanium for just a bit more that an Aluminium Rogue. Because they have yet to established a reputation as being a quality made chair, I can only assume the hard push from my DME was because they were going to make more money on the sale of the Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by fasdude View Post
    My DME pushed hard for the much less popular Rogue, and if I recall the prices were very similar to the Tilite ZRA v2 that I ended up going with. My ZRA costed a bit more only because I chose the "superlite" option that wasn't available on the Rogue. So now have a lighter chair made out of tougher Titanium for just a bit more that an Aluminium Rogue. Because they have yet to established a reputation as being a quality made chair, I can only assume the hard push from my DME was because they were going to make more money on the sale of the Rogue.
    exactly, better margin. I'm curious what level injury were the dme reps pushing the ki?? para or quad??
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    exactly, better margin. I'm curious what level injury were the dme reps pushing the ki?? para or quad??
    I couldn't say. We really didn't talk much. I printed off the order form from Sportaid or Spinlife (can't remember). I completed it myself with no help from anybody and sent it to 3 DMEs in my Province for pricing. (What I'm saying here is the DME did no work other than forwarding my already completed order form.) The DME that offered me the lowest price on what I sent him said he could get me a Rogue for cheaper. From a distance the ZRA and the Rogue look practically identical so I went online and downloaded the Rogue order form and spec'd out the Rogue the same as the ZRA and the difference was only a few hundred dollars (CAD).

They were a shitty DME though, because when I called them to complain that my Topolino Wheels were creaking horribly only a few months after buying a $5000 wheelchair from them, this was their initial response:

"Hi Leon,

After speaking with the Rep of Ti-Lite and advised me that the noise is normal, and this is caused by the carbon fiber "breaking in". He did advised me that this would be for a short period of time.
    (It wasn't)

If you would like, please give me a call at 506 xxx-xxxx and we can further discuss.

Thank you and have a great day,

David
    " **cough Bull$hit!**

When I called, they suggested I bring the wheels to a bike shop and get the wheels trued or talk to Topolino directly. In any case, Harding Medical made it clear that they were not paying for anything as they did nothing wrong and they wanted to be left out of the matter. That's when I broke off all communication with them and this will be the last wheelchair they ever sell me.
    Last edited by fasdude; 10-06-2017 at 10:34 AM.

I would definitely go with Ti Lite over Ki any day. DME store in Arizona been selling chairs 20 plus years. I have very few complaints on performance or quality of Ti lite chairs versus other manufacturers. I personally only run Ti Lite chairs and I of course can choose any chair owning a dme store.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Follow this thread : http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...-happened-here (start at post 1)
    Let's see what Kimobility has to say about this.
    Ki Mobility are providing remedy as a warranty claim. Kudos for that.
    No admission of fault of design. That is understood and possibly not necessary either.
    The blurb is that the June 2016 updated X brace profile was to provide an increased load rating.
    From what I understand, the brace is still drilled to accommodate the pivot bolt and no mention is made of reinforcement of that region.
    Are there other manufacturers of folder wheelchairs who follow this design practice?
    What wheelchair manufacturers ere on the side of additional safety by reinforcing this juncture?
    Last edited by slow_runner; 10-07-2017 at 02:12 AM.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. The DME rep said they had a rogue that I could take a look at. I drove for over an hour to their store, only to find that they had a Rogue XP with every imaginable accessory bolted to it. This is Ki Mobility's expandable children's chair, and a completely different product than the Ki Rogue. It did not inspire confidence that the rep knew what the heck he was talking about, that's for sure. I'd rather go for the devil I know, I think, so I'm filing out the order form for the tilite ZRA myself.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm looking at the ZRA. I had a TR last time, and missed the adjustability that my old Quickie Ti Titanium offered. I didn't tinker often, but once in a while I just wanted a change.