Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: used van trucks

used van trucks

where is the best place to look have looked at several sites ada mobility mobility works blvd disabledealer

tried a mini van today noway they have a loike a comealong to get you in and then you have to use it to back out to steep a ramp

and why are hand controls not on used vehicle I had 1 place tell me they had to be customize to u and if your drivers license diid not say that you were a handicap driver you had to get certfifed 500.00 and drive to Jacksonville or

some other place

are they blowing smoke ? 1340.00 for hand controls

my lift is crow river they don/t make them they said control board is bad it only but its important screws up going up

advice please oh I am broke max I want to spend is 20k

Keep an eye on ebay. You can sometimes get a deal there. I had the Braun version of the Crow River and my board bit the dust too. I kept the van and will one day replace the lift.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    Keep an eye on ebay. You can sometimes get a deal there. I had the Braun version of the Crow River and my board bit the dust too. I kept the van and will one day replace the lift.

dumb question but u been there he say board but he did not take a tester and go thru the trouble shooting guide the give u I am not smart about tester but I ask him he said he did but he had no tester he said he did last time I was there but I know what a tester looks like

so I am thinking he just ... I don/t know frustrated my van runs good ugly but....

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Ford-E-...5ZxG3n&vxp=mtr

how do you check these out is that auto thing reliable its a driver but I am ot smart on this stuff its in san antionio tx

I got mine on Craig's list. In Minnesota I had to have an assessment done to say I needed hand controls in order to replace the hand controls had that were quite old and probably made by the previous owner. The assessment was about 200.00. If you are able check junkyard for the board or ebay. Most the vehicles my son sees at the yards are generally crashed damage.

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post

how do you check these out is that auto thing reliable its a driver but I am ot smart on this stuff its in san antionio tx
    Google the vin number 1FDRE14L03HB94534 it's shown in the ebay ad. You will see more ads for the same van, some more information, pics etc. One thing I do not understand is that it seems to have a factory drivers seat, so unless your legs are useable, or have very strong arms, that needs to be resolved.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

This van has the same lift as I did and I expect he's dealing with the same bad-board issue we are. Nice van, low mileage, but I expect you better plan on putting in a new lift. I haven't used the "Autocheck" o someone else may be able to chime in on that.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

I have a question I ask them why don/t we put a new lift in I was told that it would cost more to put a lift imn than me buy a good used van I find that hard to believe but braun and them are so secreative on all this crap. I look at ebay but I would be a chicken in a foxhole

thank you for your time and answers

I have a question I ask them why don/t we put a new lift in I was told that it would cost more to put a lift imn than me buy a good used van I find that hard to believe but braun and them are so secreative on all this crap. I look at ebay but I would be a chicken in a foxhole

thank you for your time and answers
    If your existing conversion van is worthy, go ahead and put a new lift in it. I was quoted 10k for a Ricon folder and a few thousand less for a conventional. By folder, I mean the type that folds after it is up allowing the passenger seat to recline.

I haven't done it yet because although my full size van is new, it is seriously lacking the conversion options. They also quoted 4k for each of the seats and 6k for powering up the slider door. Instead I did as you were advised and found a used fully converted van in pretty good shape for under 8k.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I have a friend in Northern FL with an older van to sell, cheap. Nothing fancy, but works.