Thread: Blood in urine and stool!!

Blood in urine and stool!!

Good Morning All,

I've noticed blood in my stool and urine over the past 5-6 days. I've had blood in my stool before but not in my urieat the same time. My doc isn't too concerned. I'm waiting for an endoscopy appointment. Should I be concerned??
    Never Give Up!

How do you manage your bladder? How much blood in the urine? Is the urine pinkish or really fully red or in between?

How much blood in stool? What is your bowel program? When do you notice it? through out the stool, at the end of a bowel program?

I think that the natural tendency for all of us is to think that bleeding is not a good sign. And it is not. But, depending on the amount and the answers to the questions above, you may not need to be overly concerned. That being said, there are many reasons that you can bleed. I would ask your provider what they are looking for with the endoscopy and also what you should do to manage the bleeding. And I would not wait on this.
    ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

You take blood thinners?

I'm waiting on a clinic to call me back for endoscopy appointment.
    I don't take blood thinners.
    There isn't much blood right now.
    When it's present it is bright red.

How do you manage your bladder? Intermittent catherization
    How much blood in the urine? Urine is slightly pink.
    Is the urine pinkish or really fully red or in between? Pinkish

How much blood in stool? Just on the surface and not much.
    What is your bowel program? Just digital stimulation.
    When do you notice it? through out the stool, at the end of a bowel program? I notice during my bowel program when I look at the glove.
    Never Give Up!

Are you on anticoagulation?
    UTI's can cause blood in urine but blood in stool - if bright is usually hemorrhoids. But you need to see GI doctor and Urologist.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.