Thread: smart phone settings question

smart phone settings question

Recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S7 with android. I have been trying to get the phone to make calls for me while I'm driving from my bluetooth ear piece. I can receive calls while driving along but, cannot wake up Google or, the S voice. If I touch it or, turn it on the Google voice will become activated but, I need it to be totally touchless/hands free. Anyone else have this problem and have found a solution? My old flip phone had this ability. What happened to the "smart" in this one.
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtop1 View Post
    Recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S7 with android. I have been trying to get the phone to make calls for me while I'm driving from my bluetooth ear piece. I can receive calls while driving along but, cannot wake up Google or, the S voice. If I touch it or, turn it on the Google voice will become activated but, I need it to be totally touchless/hands free. Anyone else have this problem and have found a solution? My old flip phone had this ability. What happened to the "smart" in this one.
    Bad news Samsung has that feature locked...I think the only phone that would do that is Google Pixel and Pixel 2.

I had the 1 and it was great to use that and not have to touch the phone. It needs to be always on listening.

I was afraid that was going to be the case. My old flip phone had better battery life and, I was able to cruise along driving my van and just verbalize "make call" to get calls made. I am disappointed with this phone and wish I had not made the change. Smart phone, huh!
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

Most new phones are returnable within the first 30 days.

Yeah Samsung’s has a digital assistant called brixby, but I dunno if USA phones have it. I think they will when Samsung uses their own OS in the future. So it’s apple (I use Siri ALL the time) or pixel for Android. If I were to go android I would do pixel, that way you get a clean android experience and the latest updates regularly .