Thread: Smart Drive for Sale. Like new $1,500.

Smart Drive for Sale. Like new $1,500.

I have switched to a powerchair. I was never able to really use the smartdrive. When i did use it, i loved it. I just didnt have the hamd or arm strength to put it on every time i used it. Its been sitting in my garage for awhile and not being used.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerDude View Post
    I have switched to a powerchair. I was never able to really use the smartdrive. When i did use it, i loved it. I just didnt have the hamd or arm strength to put it on every time i used it. Its been sitting in my garage for awhile and not being used.
    Sorry, this is not regarding your post to sell smart drive. Just wanted to comment that I was also unable to use one - the early model required grabbing the push rims to stop. Also didn't go in reverse and I couldn't get it off and on my chair. It was my husbands (also in a chair). I purchased a zx1 scooter - for non-fold chairs - and love it. Just wondering if you considered it. Advantage is you can stay in your everyday chair when you hook-up. Yes, disadvantage is weight, so one would need van transport with ramp or lift.

agree 100%
    zx is awesome for me
    Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    Sorry, this is not regarding your post to sell smart drive. Just wanted to comment that I was also unable to use one - the early model required grabbing the push rims to stop. Also didn't go in reverse and I couldn't get it off and on my chair. It was my husbands (also in a chair). I purchased a zx1 scooter - for non-fold chairs - and love it. Just wondering if you considered it. Advantage is you can stay in your everyday chair when you hook-up. Yes, disadvantage is weight, so one would need van transport with ramp or lift.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Ill look at it. Ive switched to power. I have a permobil f5. Love it. I can access places i never dreamed of. I can experience the city again.
    I like the smart drive. Although i had it flip over on me a couple of times and had it run me off of a curb once. Theyre nice though

Do you still have the smart drive for sale?

I do still have it. I javent used it, but would be willing to part ways.

Is this the model that has the battery in the drive unit or that requires the battery be mounted under the seat?
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred