Thread: Pimp My Bed - C6 Quad Edition

Pimp My Bed - C6 Quad Edition

Hey all. I'm 6 years post now, 27 yrs old, and the thing I'm most embarrassed about is my bedroom. Its really just a hospital bed and a hospital table and while the bed is totally functional - I can transfer myself in and out, turn myself and cath independently - its really wrecking my vibe. I was wondering if any c6s out there with a better setup might share what works for them? Pictures would be great! Thanks for any help!

Have you looked at the Transfer Master beds??? They look less like a hospital bed. You can also get wooden over-bed tables that don't look so clinical.

http://www.transfermaster.com/

https://www.amazon.com/Wooden-Bedsid.../dp/B00URQIWLQ

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

You want to look in my underware drawer too? Not going to happen...I don't wear any. Open shelves work better than drawers, had this commercial corner shelf unit in my kitchen before sci. Extra pillows on the bottom, jeans shirts sweaters on second shelf, mirrors lamp chuxs and a couple extra towels on third, extra blankets on top. 3way Touch lamps work great even if they aren't my style. Do all my bp, washing stoma, dressing in bed. Wipes, gloves, garbage bags in the top draw of the night stand out of sight. If you had another shelf unit in place of the night stand with a slide out, you could probably get ride of your hospital table.

As a renter who plans to move, didn't want to invest much in a nice bed. Hospital beds are usually extra tall because its easier on the caregivers. A skirt hides the metal frame. Bed canes and 50in width make it easy to turn myself. Lighting makes a huge difference in the "vibe"...lava lamp or aquarium give off a nice glow at night. All cheap second hand stuff but it's organized and works for me. You could do something much nicer like California Closet but it will cost.

Hope this helps...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Quote Originally Posted by Rook98006 View Post
    You want to look in my underware drawer too? Not going to happen...I don't wear any. Open shelves work better than drawers, had this commercial corner shelf unit in my kitchen before sci. Extra pillows on the bottom, jeans shirts sweaters on second shelf, mirrors lamp chuxs and a couple extra towels on third, extra blankets on top. 3way Touch lamps work great even if they aren't my style. Do all my bp, washing stoma, dressing in bed. Wipes, gloves, garbage bags in the top draw of the night stand out of sight. If you had another shelf unit in place of the night stand with a slide out, you could probably get ride of your hospital table.

As a renter who plans to move, didn't want to invest much in a nice bed. Hospital beds are usually extra tall because its easier on the caregivers. A skirt hides the metal frame. Bed canes and 50in width make it easy to turn myself. Lighting makes a huge difference in the "vibe"...lava lamp or aquarium give off a nice glow at night. All cheap second hand stuff but it's organized and works for me. You could do something much nicer like California Closet but it will cost.

Hope this helps...

I recommend a bookshelf headboard. I love mine for keeping my shoes on the top shelf and whatever else in the bed level shelf... Water chargers etc. And check out https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DQ...ID=61wqqZUYN8L
    For a remote that controls switches. Game. Changer.