Thread: replacing lift

replacing lift

who all has changed out lift my van runs great lift has a problem hopefully they can now fix as it does not want to go up 90% of time we should be able to get in next week

but thought I would ask

Need a lot more information...type of van (full size or mini)?, what vehicle? which conversion?, under floor ramp or not?

If you want helpful responses, you need to give more details on the front end of your question.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Need a lot more information...type of van (full size or mini)?, what vehicle? which conversion?, under floor ramp or not?

If you want helpful responses, you need to give more details on the front end of your question.
    brain ....

its a full size van 95 with a crow river which they no longer make gmc I don/t know what you mean by under floor doors open ramp lowers I get on supposed to go up but....

we are hoping to find the short now that its almost quit working but we did get the manual from braun on it along with trouble shooting hoping that we now can locate it

but....youcan not fix it till it quits kinda like a leaking window

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    brain ....

its a full size van 95 with a crow river which they no longer make gmc I don/t know what you mean by under floor doors open ramp lowers I get on supposed to go up but....

we are hoping to find the short now that its almost quit working but we did get the manual from braun on it along with trouble shooting hoping that we now can locate it

but....youcan not fix it till it quits kinda like a leaking window
    Sorry I can't give any suggestions. But the information you supplied may help others to understand your situation and give you some ideas. I have a mini van. Minivans have two kinds of ramps (referred to by some as "lifts"), under the floor and mounted in the van on a tower.

We had a 95 Dodge 3/4 ton van with Ricon KlearVue that at times would not lift at times. Jarring the lift often would get it moving. Lift Shop found grounding strap was bad. That fixed the problem. When we bought new Van Sprinter in 03 we have one in 96 transfered to our backup van a 1988 Chevy 3/4 ton to replace orginal luft in it. Kept the 88 til 2008 and van was killing us on repairs mostly age of van and miles on her.

Our Sprinter has a Ricon KlearVue lift, too. We still have it. Only problems was every few years the O seals in arms had to be replaced and couple times the thin L bars broke that makes the outer roll-gate to pop up when lift raisedoff the ground.
    Then Lift shop sold to national company and had all new Techs.
    The issues in last 3 years: each time lift either would not lower or would not raise. Have to resort to getting someone to use manual backup to get up or down. The 'Stow' and 'Deploy' seemed to always work fine. Each time found just adjustments needed to the 'limit switches'. I'm not sure how many of these switches that lifts have. I think at least 3 or 4.
    Each time that was in shop for this problem it was mostly trial/error til get setting right. Frist time worked great at shop after Tech made couple turns of screw. We letf and was back in couple weeks. That time had a different Tech and a Manager came out to assist. They made several adjustments and ran lift though all functions many times and made more adjustments when lift acted up. Been over a year now(Knock Wood) and still working OK, so far.
    Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP2013 View Post
    We had a 95 Dodge 3/4 ton van with Ricon KlearVue that at times would not lift at times. Jarring the lift often would get it moving. Lift Shop found grounding strap was bad. That fixed the problem. When we bought new Van Sprinter in 03 we have one in 96 transfered to our backup van a 1988 Chevy 3/4 ton to replace orginal luft in it. Kept the 88 til 2008 and van was killing us on repairs mostly age of van and miles on her.

Our Sprinter has a Ricon KlearVue lift, too. We still have it. Lift shop sold to national company and had all new Techs.
    The issues in last 3 years: each time lift either would not lower or would not raise. Have to resort to getting someone to use manual backup to get up or down. The 'Stow' and 'Deploy' seemed to always work fine. Each time found just adjustments needed to the 'limit switches'. I'm not sure how many of these switches that lifts have. I think at least 3 or 4. Each time that was in shop it was mostly trial/error til get setting right. Frist time worked great at shop after Tech made couple turns of screw. We letf and was back in couple weeks. That time had a different Tech and a Manager came out to assist. They made several adjustments and ran lift though all functions many times and made more adjustments when lift acted up. Been over a year now(Knock Wood) and still working OK, so far.
    Good Luck!
    hopefully its a short it acts like it but I have the troubler shooter guide I take with me next week

frustrating but my van is paid for runs good and I only drive maybe 30 miles a week I lucky I work at home as not much out there for a quad driver

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    hopefully its a short it acts like it but I have the troubler shooter guide I take with me next week

frustrating but my van is paid for runs good and I only drive maybe 30 miles a week I lucky I work at home as not much out there for a quad driver
    Curious, you mentioned a possible 'short'. Maybe just a grounding strap. Does the breaker trip on the postive battery breaker?
    Have you been able to get anyone under van to check the postive wire from battery is intact and not came in contact with exhaust system. Reason I ask many years ago we had exhaust replaced and guess muffler folks messed up routing of wire and it would hit hot exhaust at times. We were on trip and lift quit and one of my brother got under and fould wire had covering melted off and would come in contact with frame and short the lift.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP2013 View Post
    Curious, you mentioned a possible 'short'. Maybe just a grounding strap. Does the breaker trip on the postive battery breaker?
    Have you been able to get anyone under van to check the postive wire from battery is intact and not came in contact with exhaust system. Reason I ask many years ago we had exhaust replaced and guess muffler folks messed up routing of wire and it would hit hot exhaust at times. We were on trip and lift quit and one of my brother got under and fould wire had covering melted off and would come in contact with frame and short the lift.
    hmm not breaker has never trip we also have replaced the mercury toggle switches the reason I say short is it works and then it won/t but the override always works will be interesting

also I ask the guys about a van there but no handscontrols no biggy its a 6 way seat and I said well I could be interested but need the hand controls I was told that they have to custom fit? NEVER HEArd that AS BOTH VAN AND TRUCK they were there got in and drove