Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drug Stimules SCI Nerve Growth

This looks real hope to me now. If this drug works then hopefully all kind of injury patients will be benefited. Any updates will be welcomed from Jerry

Can't wait to hear the latest from Dr Silver ... really exciting. That article fails to mention his want to get people off vents though. I wonder if the discovery will help that?
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Can anyone tell will Jerry be using Chase enzyme or some peptide?

Very encouraging! Thanks so much for the updates. I did buy tryptophan supplements, but his drug will work faster. I'm incomplete and can use a walker briefly...

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Can't wait to hear the latest from Dr Silver ... really exciting. That article fails to mention his want to get people off vents though. I wonder if the discovery will help that?
    Breathing by myself would be good, too little research into getting phrenic nerve activity restored!

Hopefully works in my case as can walk easily like normal person since injury in 2000 but have lost bladder bowel sexual function due to L1 injury

Paolo. Are you still here? Is this the peptide we were discussing?
    Just to ask, what is the need for the new company in this case? Is it to raise funds (much of the work Dr. Silver has done has been through a university)? Or is to monetize the product?
    Not a criticism, just a question. Like many private pharma makes me nervous especially since Geron. No immediate return and then they drop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer1 View Post
    I sent him an email and here's the response I got:

Dear Jennifer,
    We are now getting close to finalizing a deal with a group of Canadian investors to start a company to bring our drug to the people.
    Keep fingers crossed.
    regards,

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Yes, it's supposed to. He presented the data at W2W2017. I'll post the video just as soon as it is available.

Quote Originally Posted by StemCells&AtomBombs View Post
    Paolo. Are you still here? Is this the peptide we were discussing?
    Just to ask, what is the need for the new company in this case? Is it to raise funds (much of the work Dr. Silver has done has been through a university)? Or is to monetize the product?
    Not a criticism, just a question. Like many private pharma makes me nervous especially since Geron. No immediate return and then they drop it.
    Yes, I still read once in a while... Probably Grammy and people who just attended W2W are much better informed than me on prof. Silver peptide (keep in mind it's just for acute at the moment, as far as I know).

Usually, when a researcher discovers something that can be patented he/she license or sell the patent to a company hoping some investors will take the risks to do the preclinical work and the clinical trials to then, if it works, hopefully, have a return on investment. I suppose this is the case for the peptide.
    About Geron in my opinion they just realized that they were running a trial that was going to fail so they stopped the trial. In other words, in my opinion, they were trying to go to the moon with a hot-air balloon. When they realized they were not going to make it, they decided to land before it was too late.
    Then why Asterias picked up the trial and went on it's another story, in my opinion, a big waste of public money also coming from CIRM, so it's even worse, but that is just my opinion based on what I know, so hopefully time will prove me wrong.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Yes, I still read once in a while... Probably Grammy and people who just attended W2W are much better informed than me on prof. Silver peptide (keep in mind it's just for acute at the moment, as far as I know).

Usually, when a researcher discovers something that can be patented he/she license or sell the patent to a company hoping some investors will take the risks to do the preclinical work and the clinical trials to then, if it works, hopefully, have a return on investment. I suppose this is the case for the peptide.
    About Geron in my opinion they just realized that they were running a trial that was going to fail so they stopped the trial. In other words, in my opinion, they were trying to go to the moon with a hot-air balloon. When they realized they were not going to make it, they decided to land before it was too late.
    Then why Asterias picked up the trial and went on it's another story, in my opinion, a big waste of public money also coming from CIRM, so it's even worse, but that is just my opinion based on what I know, so hopefully time will prove me wrong.

Paolo
    The CRP is chronic.

The true facts surrounding the Geron trial was described in a Q&A stem cell panel discussion at W2W. I'll post the video as soon as it is available.