Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DIY Pulse Irrigation for $20

goldpharma.com doesn't seem to work unless you are registered and signed in. Is that the experience those of you who have visited this site have had?

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    goldpharma.com doesn't seem to work unless you are registered and signed in. Is that the experience those of you who have visited this site have had?
    I may be the only person who has purchased from them. It's free to make an account, just make one. Their messaging system is really weird, but someone does get back to you. I had to borrow my Uncle's credit card because they don't take VISA for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by paraparajumper View Post
    I may be the only person who has purchased from them. It's free to make an account, just make one. Their messaging system is really weird, but someone does get back to you. I had to borrow my Uncle's credit card because they don't take VISA for some reason.
    Thanks for your reply.

I don't understand the cone on this unit. I can see how the cone works for a colostomy stoma, but not the anus.

I think I will try the lower cost Flowmaster unit to see how the concept works for me, then maybe graduate up to another system. The Flowmaster system is an inexpensive way to trial the concept.

I don't understand the cone on this unit. I can see how the cone works for a colostomy stoma, but not the anus.
    Really? Ummmm you take the end of the cone and put it in your anus and hold it there to "plug up" the opening as the water instills; about as simple of a contraption as possible. Then you remove it.

Hope the Flowmaster works well!

Goldpharma excepts Visa.

Really? Ummmm you take the end of the cone and put it in your anus and hold it there to "plug up" the opening as the water instills; about as simple of a contraption as possible. Then you remove it.

Hope the Flowmaster works well!
    Your reply seems to mock my question, but I asked the question in earnest. From reading the material about this unit, its intended purpose is for irrigation of colostomies. Colostomy stomas, unlike the anus don't have sphincters and are usually larger than the anal opening Some of us (while not all) have very tight anal sphincters and it seems to me that the cone might (although I don't know the dimensions of the cone) cause discomfort and/or autonomia as it i forced beyond the sphincter.

Your reply seems to mock my question, but I asked the question in earnest. From reading the material about this unit, its intended purpose is for irrigation of colostomies. Colostomy stomas, unlike the anus don't have sphincters and are usually larger than the anal opening Some of us (while not all) have very tight anal sphincters and it seems to me that the cone might (although I don't know the dimensions of the cone) cause discomfort and/or autonomia as it i forced beyond the sphincter.
    No, I wasn't mocking you. The cone is tapered and made of a very very soft silicone material. If you can get a finger into your rectum for digital stimulation than you can get the cone in. You're not sticking the entire cone into your anus, just push the end in an inch or so until you create a seal. It's made that large to accommodate different sized openings.

No, I wasn't mocking you. The cone is tapered and made of a very very soft silicone material. If you can get a finger into your rectum for digital stimulation than you can get the cone in. You're not sticking the entire cone into your anus, just push the end in an inch or so until you create a seal. It's made that large to accommodate different sized openings.
    Thank you. This is a helpful answer.
    Last edited by gjnl; 10-11-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Another question about using these enema systems. Do you remove any stool in the rectal vault before inserting the catheter/cone?

Another question about using these enema systems. Do you remove any stool in the rectal vault before inserting the catheter/cone?
    When I'm active and up and about I irrigate every morning. I have pretty fast food transit time, but every 24 hours isn't enough time for stool to be right inside the rectal vault, so I go straight to irrigating. Nonetheless, I always lube up and insert a finger prior to the cone to make insertion easier, so I check.

Right now that I'm pretty inactive I'm going every 48 hours which isn't the most comfortable for me (I think my body prefers daily irrigation and gets bloated when I stretch it), but when I start sometimes stool is palpable immediately. I just clear it and then irrigate as normal.