Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DIY Pulse Irrigation for $20

Quote Originally Posted by emanshiu View Post
    where can I get this int he US? I've been trying to find it....
    Peristeen is inferior to IryPump S. in just about every way. Purchase an IryPump on GoldPharma.com

emanshiu See above by paraparajumper --- GoldPharma.com
    T4 complete, 150 ft fall, 1966. Completely fused hips, partially fused knees and spine, heterotopic ossification. Unsuccessful DREZ surgery about 1990. Successful bladder augmentation using small intestine about 1992. Normal SCI IC UTI problems culminating in a hospital stay in 2001. No antibiotics or doctor visits for UTI since 2001: d-mannose. Your mileage may vary.

I have to admit, I got a shock seeing the price. The peristeen is way cheaper though at 125, just impossible to find. I'm very weary of shelling out 600 dollars on a site that doesnt even have a pic of what Im buying.Is there anywhere else that sells it?

I have to admit, I got a shock seeing the price. The peristeen is way cheaper though at 125, just impossible to find. I'm very weary of shelling out 600 dollars on a site that doesn't even have a pic of what Im buying.Is there anywhere else that sells it?
    It is not FDA approved and sold in the US. I did a lot of research, and I can guarantee you the site is legitimate. You need to think about it this way:

I just looked up Peristeen on various sites, the cheapest being a canadian website. I converted CA to USD and the Peristeen unit itself is $125 and the cost of 15 catheters is $215, for a total of $340. If I recall correctly, Peristeen literally recommends replacing the catheter every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Very cool! I've been using the Peristeen for years with great results
    How many uses do you get out of each catheter Stephen?

Let's say you can somehow stretch it and get a week out of each catheter, that comes out to $745 a year for the catheters plus $125 for the Peristeen unit, for a year's total of $870. You're already above the cost of the IryPump on year one.

I purchased the IryPump for a little less than $650 through GoldPharma. It comes with one cone+tube set which will last 6 months if you care for it well. 3 additional sets from GoldPharma come out to $120, so for 2 years worth of irrigation the total is $770, still less than one year of Peristeen.

2 years of Peristeen will come out to $1,615 which is $845 more than the IryPump and we haven't even begun to talk about ease of use, balloons popping in your butt, having to hand pump the water yourself versus letting the IryPump do the work for you.

Do some research, but if this is coming out of pocket, I don't even see how anyone could make a legitimate argument for preferring to buy the Peristeen. I read the Peristeen thread here and on other forums and the amount of nonsense and waste of time I was reading about with those catheters made the decision a no-brainer for me. Too many parts, to much finicking around with the Peristeen. The IryPump is so simple and easy to use. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by paraparajumper View Post
    It is not FDA approved and sold in the US. I did a lot of research, and I can guarantee you the site is legitimate. You need to think about it this way:

I just looked up Peristeen on various sites, the cheapest being a canadian website. I converted CA to USD and the Peristeen unit itself is $125 and the cost of 15 catheters is $215, for a total of $340. If I recall correctly, Peristeen literally recommends replacing the catheter every single time.

How many uses do you get out of each catheter Stephen?

Let's say you can somehow stretch it and get a week out of each catheter, that comes out to $745 a year for the catheters plus $125 for the Peristeen unit, for a year's total of $870. You're already above the cost of the IryPump on year one.

I purchased the IryPump for a little less than $650 through GoldPharma. It comes with one cone+tube set which will last 6 months if you care for it well. 3 additional sets from GoldPharma come out to $120, so for 2 years worth of irrigation the total is $770, still less than one year of Peristeen.

2 years of Peristeen will come out to $1,615 which is $845 more than the IryPump and we haven't even begun to talk about ease of use, balloons popping in your butt, having to hand pump the water yourself versus letting the IryPump do the work for you.

Do some research, but if this is coming out of pocket, I don't even see how anyone could make a legitimate argument for preferring to buy the Peristeen. I read the Peristeen thread here and on other forums and the amount of nonsense and waste of time I was reading about with those catheters made the decision a no-brainer for me. Too many parts, to much finicking around with the Peristeen. The IryPump is so simple and easy to use. Seriously.

I get your math and it makes sense, but hard to part with 600 dollar initially without knowing if the whole concept of anal irrigation even works for me. Wish there was a cheaper way to try to see if it works.

Remember, the Peristeen catheters can be washed and re-used. 15 catheters will last me a year. My ideal solution would be the Peristeen catheters with the IryPump infuser.

I get your math and it makes sense, but hard to part with 600 dollar initially without knowing if the whole concept of anal irrigation even works for me. Wish there was a cheaper way to try to see if it works.
    I am trying a DIY solution - cost so far about $20 - and it is working great for me. Should have done it years ago.
    T4 complete, 150 ft fall, 1966. Completely fused hips, partially fused knees and spine, heterotopic ossification. Unsuccessful DREZ surgery about 1990. Successful bladder augmentation using small intestine about 1992. Normal SCI IC UTI problems culminating in a hospital stay in 2001. No antibiotics or doctor visits for UTI since 2001: d-mannose. Your mileage may vary.

Here is my DIY solution.

The point was to see if colon irrigation had any future for me without breaking the bank.

So far, it has been the best thing I have done in a long time. Not only better in the bathroom, but I simply feel good rather than either bloated and tired, or drained and exhausted.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by gac3rd View Post
    Here is my DIY solution.

The point was to see if colon irrigation had any future for me without breaking the bank.

So far, it has been the best thing I have done in a long time. Not only better in the bathroom, but I simply feel good rather than either bloated and tired, or drained and exhausted.

how does it stay in?

Quote Originally Posted by gac3rd View Post
    Here is my DIY solution.

Not sure what I am even looking at in the photo below...not sure I want to know.

how does it stay in?
    Good question emanshiu...since the rectal catheter in the Peristeen system has a balloon that inflates to retain the water in the lower colon until it is released/deflated in the Peristeen system, how do you use a typical intermittent urinary catheter to retain the water you pump into the rectal vault/lower colon?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by gjnl; 09-29-2017 at 10:16 PM.