Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Numotion same joke

I've had my share of problems with them too. It seems like people who work there don't last too long, and quit. Forcing much-needed orders to be put on the back burner, and whatnot. I'm a little upset with them right now because my end cap on the bolt of the caster arm on my new power chair got knocked off. Took them several months to go through Medicare to get a new one as the one that was knocked off got lost. Several months for one little black cap that can't possible cost more than $100 to replace.

Anyway since it was for my power chair. I guess they had to do it. Well my new power chair spent a week down at the dealer because it also needed new back brackets to hold the seat back on as the ones I had on there broke, and the power chair was unusable. They were able to get the cap ordered after Medicare approved it, and put it on once the new brackets got put on.

Well whoever put the cap on didn't put it on all the way, and that cap fell off. Called them to have the traveling repair guy come out as they gave me a spare cap since it came in a set of two, and he came out to put it back on. Not more than three days later. It fell off again. I found the part on the ground by my house, and now I'm waiting until I get home from my trip to have the guy come out again to put it back on. I tried doing it myself. But, it was too complicated for me to get down on the ground. Let alone I injured myself trying to get the bolt loose. When the guy put it back on. He tightened it down, so that it would be impossible for it to come loose.

All it takes in dealing with them is toughness, and persistence. It took seven months to get my new power chair last year, and now I'm coming up on one year of owning it. I've considered switching companies. But, they're the only ones in Oregon who make calls to my area where I live.
    Samantha

Before you switch DME providers, make sure the new one will work on a chair you got from someone else. At least in Colorado they will not.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    anyone else have problems getting things from numotion mobility they used to be united seating im trying to get a set of solid rear tires no luck this place is a joke i know i can get them faster from bikeon but man they seem so hard to mount the solid tire on rim i dont think i could do it i may ask the locl bike shop if they can cause NUMOTION SUCKS
    So is NuMotion not helping you??

We use are local bicycle shop to mount all my tires on my pair chair and to add sealant to my tubes they only chair me $15 to mount two tires 1/3 of what a DME would charge.

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    So is NuMotion not helping you??

We use are local bicycle shop to mount all my tires on my pair chair and to add sealant to my tubes they only chair me $15 to mount two tires 1/3 of what a DME would charge.

nope numotion was happy to sell the chair to my insurance but nothing after sale no comunication i order everything threw bikeon and thought numotion for tires so they could install but my bike guy here in town said no prob he do it for 10 dollars a tire so i just ordered them threw bikeon that place rocks
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

I have never installed them but took to bike shop and watched him do it in like 2 minuets didn?t seem hard at all . Think he just used a screw driver and he didn?t scratch my wheels at all

NuMotion sucks. takes forever to get stuff. I have to call them multiple times. Orders come back incorrect. They are the worst. Actively looking for a new vendor

nope numotion was happy to sell the chair to my insurance but nothing after sale no comunication i order everything threw bikeon and thought numotion for tires so they could install but my bike guy here in town said no prob he do it for 10 dollars a tire so i just ordered them threw bikeon that place rocks

I think for tires it's faster and cheaper to use a bicycle shop for the labor and order hardware on line...

These guys are good too...

http://enableyourlife.com/

Going forward if you need help on repairs send me a message I can help you with NuMotion and give you some contacts that might help improve the customer experience...

Whats the average wait time on a new chair through NuMotion? The rep out of Portland told me that the order literally sits within NuMotion for 60 days before the insurance company ever receives it.

Btw, the NuMotion fitting technician out of Bend, Or. is really cool and is very knowledgeable.

don't buy the tire mounting tool that fits in a vice

anyone ever install solid tires on there rims seems like it would be hard i watched the guy from united seating do it years ago and he had a heck of a time
    I hear ya pal. My local wheelchair shop couldn't install my shox solid tires, so I bought a $25 tool from some place that was supposed to make mounting tires a simple chore. This cheaply made tool is to be secured in a vice. My bodybuilding nephew and I both blew out our forearms trying to get one on a rim using that tool with long screw drivers. The tool's outer pin is all bent out of shape and the tool is garbage now. Anyway, avoid buying that one, because it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by fasdude View Post
    I hear ya pal. My local wheelchair shop couldn't install my shox solid tires, so I bought a $25 tool from some place that was supposed to make mounting tires a simple chore. This cheaply made tool is to be secured in a vice. My bodybuilding nephew and I both blew out our forearms trying to get one on a rim using that tool with long screw drivers. The tool's outer pin is all bent out of shape and the tool is garbage now. Anyway, avoid buying that one, because it doesn't work.

i had my local bike shop install mine i got the tires threw bikeon
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]