Thread: C6-7 incomplete looking for others in CA with similar injury.

C6-7 incomplete looking for others in CA with similar injury.

I'm just coming up on my 1 year anniversary October 5th. It's been a rough year and I've been fortunate to have some good friends to see me through it. I live in kelseyville witch is on clearlake in lake county. It would be awesome to connect with and sci patients in my area. Just somebody to hang out with once un a while and talk ,or not talk just somebody else that knows what goes through my crazy coconut when I can't sleep at night. Anyway I welcome any correspondence and I wish you well.

Welcome to CareCure. Looks like you have been "lurking" for a while since you registered in April, but this is your first post. I move your post from the CA forum to this one, as the location forums are little used.

Where did you do your rehab?

Unfortunately there is not a United Spinal Association in your area. You can find the ones in CA here: http://www.spinalcord.org/chapters/d...ry/california/

Perhaps you should look into forming one to cover the greater Clearlake area, up, to Willits and Ukiah, and Napa and Sonoma Counties too. You might go as far east as Chico too. USA can help you get started, and putting out feelers to the case management or social work dept. of rehab centers in that area, as well as those more remote who may have ex-patients in your area (such as Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, UC Davis, St. Mary's in Sacramento, Kaiser in Vallejo, etc.) might be a good way to connect. You could also ask the northern CA chapter of the PVA to pass your contact information on to their Veterans who live up that way:

Bay Area & Western PVA
    3801 Miranda Ave., Bldg. 101, Rm. A1-219, Mail Code 816
    Palo Alto, CA 94304
    800-273-6789 / 650-858-3936

https://www.unitedspinal.org/

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.