Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Hunting Blinds

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    602

    Hunting Blinds

    What kind of ground blinds or box stands are you guys using? I would love to have one off of the ground that I could get my wheelchair into.

  2. #2
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 09-19-2017 at 04:18 PM.
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    602
    Thanks KLD!!! I didn't have time to search earlier. I found the blind I was looking for though. It was the Barronet 350. I had one and had forgotten the name of it! Thanks again!

    LB

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    Thanks KLD!!! I didn't have time to search earlier. I found the blind I was looking for though. It was the Barronet 350. I had one and had forgotten the name of it! Thanks again!

    LB
    That's the one that I've used. Huge inside... even when you're height is 5'2" (while sitting).

  5. #5
    Senior Member RSieck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eastern Iowa
    Posts
    854
    I'm building my own on a wagon running gear. Going to have a crank up ramp on the back, with outriggers. Hope it to be somewhat light enough to pull around with a Ranger.

    I'll take pics.. Of course my deer season is going on as we speak, but I don't have time to go.. Maybe, god willing I can have it done for late season...
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by RSieck View Post
    I'm building my own on a wagon running gear. Going to have a crank up ramp on the back, with outriggers. Hope it to be somewhat light enough to pull around with a Ranger.

    I'll take pics.. Of course my deer season is going on as we speak, but I don't have time to go.. Maybe, god willing I can have it done for late season...
    Thanks RSieck! Yea ours season started 2 weeks ago and run through Jan 1st. Im not much of a still hunter but I have two nephews that are getting old enough to shoot one.

  7. #7
    I used Primos Ground Max blinds. I don't believe they make it anymore but the Double Bull Blinds are about the same size. I sit pretty tall in my chair and I have plenty of headroom and clearance to shoot my crossbow out of the windows. I actually prefer not using a ground blind if I can get away with it. If I can and I have a nice backdrop to not get outlined I prefer to wrap myself in camouflage burlap. it works well.
    "Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you?"

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    Thanks RSieck! Yea ours season started 2 weeks ago and run through Jan 1st. Im not much of a still hunter but I have two nephews that are getting old enough to shoot one.
    I was down your way last weekend at Back in the Woods Again hunt started by Jerome Davis. They had 88 disabled hunters and I had a blast. They allow us to rifle hunt and comp our out of state licenses. Passed up 3-4 small bucks and killed 4 does. Great way to kick off the season.

    And we use the Barronett Grounder 350 up here in our Virginia Wheelin' Sportsmen program. I have probably 20 in our inventory. And when are you going to invite me down for a 500 lb bear hunt?!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Similar Threads

  1. Automated blinds
    By landrover in forum Housing and Home Design
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-29-2015, 09:00 AM
  2. Wheelchair accessible hunting blinds.
    By DeadEye in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-26-2011, 10:37 PM
  3. Hunting Pictures - Show your "Stuff" - Hunting stuff that is...
    By Grange in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 08:16 PM
  4. My new hunting rig!
    By DeadEye in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 03:49 PM
  5. Venetian Blinds
    By Cris in forum Life
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2003, 12:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •