Thread: Hunting Blinds

Hunting Blinds

What kind of ground blinds or box stands are you guys using? I would love to have one off of the ground that I could get my wheelchair into.

Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 09-19-2017 at 04:18 PM.
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Thanks KLD!!! I didn't have time to search earlier. I found the blind I was looking for though. It was the Barronet 350. I had one and had forgotten the name of it! Thanks again!

LB

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    Thanks KLD!!! I didn't have time to search earlier. I found the blind I was looking for though. It was the Barronet 350. I had one and had forgotten the name of it! Thanks again!

LB
    That's the one that I've used. Huge inside... even when you're height is 5'2" (while sitting).

I'm building my own on a wagon running gear. Going to have a crank up ramp on the back, with outriggers. Hope it to be somewhat light enough to pull around with a Ranger.

I'll take pics.. Of course my deer season is going on as we speak, but I don't have time to go.. Maybe, god willing I can have it done for late season...
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Quote Originally Posted by RSieck View Post
    I'm building my own on a wagon running gear. Going to have a crank up ramp on the back, with outriggers. Hope it to be somewhat light enough to pull around with a Ranger.

I'll take pics.. Of course my deer season is going on as we speak, but I don't have time to go.. Maybe, god willing I can have it done for late season...
    Thanks RSieck! Yea ours season started 2 weeks ago and run through Jan 1st. Im not much of a still hunter but I have two nephews that are getting old enough to shoot one.

I used Primos Ground Max blinds. I don't believe they make it anymore but the Double Bull Blinds are about the same size. I sit pretty tall in my chair and I have plenty of headroom and clearance to shoot my crossbow out of the windows. I actually prefer not using a ground blind if I can get away with it. If I can and I have a nice backdrop to not get outlined I prefer to wrap myself in camouflage burlap. it works well.
    "Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you?"

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    Thanks RSieck! Yea ours season started 2 weeks ago and run through Jan 1st. Im not much of a still hunter but I have two nephews that are getting old enough to shoot one.
    I was down your way last weekend at Back in the Woods Again hunt started by Jerome Davis. They had 88 disabled hunters and I had a blast. They allow us to rifle hunt and comp our out of state licenses. Passed up 3-4 small bucks and killed 4 does. Great way to kick off the season.

And we use the Barronett Grounder 350 up here in our Virginia Wheelin' Sportsmen program. I have probably 20 in our inventory. And when are you going to invite me down for a 500 lb bear hunt?!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein