Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motion Composites - MotionComposites.com anyone have one of there chairs rate them

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I have a Veloce Motion composites carbon fiber folding chair and it's great. Very rigid and lightweight, no issues with the chair. Wrote a review of it on this forum a while back but nobody seemed much interested.

I was interested, and appreciated your review. This seemed to be a good fit for my Dad, who needs a folding chair, but was too pricey for him.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    thank you.
    how long have you had it now? and no issues ?

I have a Veloce Motion composites carbon fiber folding chair and it's great. Very rigid and lightweight, no issues with the chair. Wrote a review of it on this forum a while back but nobody seemed much interested.

I've had it since December so nearly 10 months now. I weigh 215 pounds and have bounced down curbs, steps at the bowling alley, jumped down from high transfers from my hot tub and the chair remains solid and squeak free. Ya, the chair is expensive although by carbon fiber standards it is not that expensive, I'm sure the price of carbon fiber chairs will drop in time. As far as I'm concerned it is worth every penny, the frame is only around 11 pounds in my 17" wide x 18 long configuration. I've always liked the idea of a folding chair over a rigid as it is just so much more transportable and easier getting it in the car. I think a lot of people get nervous about these chairs with #1 price and #2 durability. Neither of these should be a concern as from what I've seen it's worth every penny because of the lightweight and build quality and #2 it is super strong and I don't anticipate any problems with this chair and even if I do by some chance there is a 5 year warrantee on the frame and thats normally about the time I think about replacing chairs. Here's my review http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...8-month-Review Oh and I'll bet the the arms on the rigid chair that attach the front casters are very solid even though I've never checked out that chair (the Apex) From the way I've seen that this company engineers things, I have no worries.
    Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 09-20-2017 at 10:35 PM.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Blog Entries
    Any trouble importing it, or is there a US dealer?
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Any trouble importing it, or is there a US dealer?
    Bike-on.com according to Curt's review post.

I'll be keeping an eye on all the carbon fibre chairs over the next couple of years, as I reckon my son will be wanting one when he starts to drive (and that's a scary thought...growing up too quick!).
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Unless something dramatically revolutionizes wheelchair construction, the Apex will be my next chair. Last year my DME wanted to sell me a Pantera for $12000 CAD. The Apex is not that much heavier and between $5-6K CAD, which is what I paid for my Tilite ZRA V2. When you look at it's construction you realize how highly adaptable the chair is. Here is the brochure: http://www.motioncomposites.com/wp-c...rochure_EN.pdf (I really love the front casters and integrated bubble levels in rear axle tube and front caster arms.)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy1 View Post
    Bike-on.com according to Curt's review post.

I'll be keeping an eye on all the carbon fibre chairs over the next couple of years, as I reckon my son will be wanting one when he starts to drive (and that's a scary thought...growing up too quick!).

Yes, the Veloce folder and Helio are listed but not this new rigid frame.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

Both chairs are amazing, I had looked into the Apex a while back for a friend and as I remember the aluminum version is around 2700 USD and the Carbon Fiber Version is around 4 grand USD. Myself, I see no reason not to get the folding version called the Veloce like I have. Maybe thats why nobody commented on my original review back a while ago because most rule out a folding chair because they have been so conditioned over the years that a rigid chair is better, while that may have been true some years ago it is not true these days with all the technology that goes into these chairs. My chair rolls just good as a rigid chair and is like 99 percent as solid.
    Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 09-21-2017 at 12:24 PM.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Blog Entries
    Both chairs are amazing, I had looked into the Apex a while back for a friend and as I remember the aluminum version is around 2700 USD and the Carbon Fiber Version is around 4 grand USD. Myself, I see no reason not to get the folding version called the Veloce like I have. Maybe thats why nobody commented on my original review back a while ago because most rule out a folding chair because they have been so conditioned over the years that a rigid chair is better, while that may have been true some years ago it is not true these days with all the technology that goes into these chairs. My chair rolls just good as a rigid chair and is like 99 percent as solid.
    I agree, folders have come a long way. I'd use one if I needed one, but since I have yet to encounter a scenario where a folder would have helped me, I'd rather a rigid frame. The simplest solution is my preferred solution, all else being equal.

I was just talking to a tech from a Wheelchair Company and he said he highly recommends anyone that is 'heavier' to stay away from Carbon Fiber and Titanium chairs. Carbon Fiber is very rigid but also prone to stress cracks. Titanium has better a strength to weight ratio than Aluminium but that's at the same weight. Titanium also naturally flexes making it a bad choice for those who want a more rigid ride.

I have a TiLite TRA and it was amazing when I first got it. But now I feel my old Quickie GT was better because of it didn't need repair as much, no creaking and easier to adjust than my TRA.
    I might go with Lasher Sport next if I can afford it.
    Never Give Up!