Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Problems with Catheter Insertion

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    to those with s/p caths - how much time do you have between pulling out the old catheter and putting in a new catheter before the stoma closes.
    Good question. I have read that a supra pubic stoma can close up in less than 10 minutes once a catheter is removed. That said, I've have read posts within this forum, that the closing of the supra pubic stoma can be almost instantaneous, i.e., remove the foley catheter with one hand and insert the new one with the other hand, with hardly a skip of seconds in between.

NL changes my supra pubic catheter and there is less than (probably much less than) 60 seconds between removing the old catheter and inserting the new catheter.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Good question. I have read that a supra pubic stoma can close up in less than 10 minutes once a catheter is removed. That said, I've have read posts within this forum, that the closing of the supra pubic stoma can be almost instantaneous, i.e., remove the foley catheter with one hand and insert the new one with the other hand, with hardly a skip of seconds in between.

NL changes my supra pubic catheter and there is less than (probably much less than) 60 seconds between removing the old catheter and inserting the new catheter.
    Thanks GJ
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09