Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Medical Marijuana

So I definitely never smoked weed ever in my life because of my current job. But someone just like me might have smoked weed on occasion for the pleasurable effects both preinjury and a fair few times post injury. This someone might have noted no increase in spams or pain post injury (though to be fair pain is almost exclusively linked to spams for this guy), but an unfortunate trend towards more depressive thoughts while high, making the whole thing rather less enjoyable than in preinjury life when one's thoughts would be about the more simple pleasures in life like cute college chicks and taco bell. That slight downer and the need to maintain clean piss for employment purposes kind of turned me off the whole thing.

Thanks for the replies. I definitely don't want to get high. Just wanting it to help with my spasms so I can get off of the valium I take for the spasms .

So my personal experience I have a medical marijuana card in Illinois and I have tried almost every form and for me it does I would say help spasms but it makes my pain and just my whole body hurt so so much more. Only thing that helped is they have disposable weed pens and they helped me sleep and spasms I don’t get them bad but did help , the pen doesn’t make you really high like regular smoke and doesn’t last as long witch I liked . But if you are getting oils online most are legal but but but they are only cbd oil so no thc and that’s what you want the cvs oil is a joke doesn’t help me at all. They made the CBd legal in most places but like I said contains no thc. So don’t waist the money on them it’s a rip off . If you want any info or anything send me a message anyone I’ll help or give you any info I have . Also if you want to see what most shops will have here is a link to where I go and what they have and prices that you should especially to pay also these places are cash only and insurance doesn’t help at all just an fyi.
    http://www.3cdispensary.com/naperville-menu-2/

Also I saw someone post about working and doin weed not sure but I imagine even if you have a medical card they might not hire you brcsuse it stimulates you and they can say it wouldn’t be safe in the work environment so if you do get a card and goin for a job I recomentbstsying clean until you get the job and I wouldn’t tell them you have a card justvso it doesn’t affect you getting one I mean I have a card I don’t use it much but i made sure I was clean and didn’t tell them I had it before I did drug test . Just a little heads up to avoid any negative affects

For anyone who does partake for pleasure including a feeling of being more physically relaxed. What are the pros and cons of vaping vs smoking in your experience? Cost, convenience, performance???
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rook98006 View Post
    For anyone who does partake for pleasure including a feeling of being more physically relaxed. What are the pros and cons of vaping vs smoking in your experience? Cost, convenience, performance???
    Health. Smoking is just unhealthy no matter what. Vaping might be too, but the jury is still out, at least. Eating produces the longest and most profound 'high' in most people with the least (if any) health concerns (unless you count getting WAay higher than intended as a health concern). Smoking is probably the simplest and most accessible approach.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

try cloud nine from buylegalmeds.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rook98006 View Post
    I'm just speculating here, because as I said above, I've never partaken nor will I for employment reasons. Oddity has it right about the jury being out on whether or not vaping is more "healthy", breathing anything other than air probably isn't good for you, but I think most humans would have a hard time smoking enough marijuana to significantly affect their health unless they had some kind of underlying lung condition. Smoking a couple bowls a day is much different than smoking 30 or 40 cigarettes. Nobody has any idea what vaping (tobacco or thc) is doing to you in the long run at this point though.

Vaping through either a pen that uses concentrate or cheapish vaporizers that vaporize the natural bud seems a bit harsh on the throat and more cough inducing in comparison to the actual old school smoking. Maybe that would be different with an expensive setup like a volcano or something, but idk. Vaping can be waaaaay more convenient. Vaporizers aren't burning if you aren't actively using them for the most part, which is way more convenient than smoking a blunt or joint, and less messy than a bong or pipe for the most part. I can't comment on cost, but I imagine the cost of producing the concentrates makes them more expensive per high. Also, you could straight up vape in the bathroom of a non-smoking restaurant or bar in a state that strictly outlaws marijuana and no one would ever know you were getting high in there, whereas the production of actual marijuana smoke leaves a pungent and distinct smell.

One of the main draws of marijuana, imo, is that you get high quick and come down rather quick, so you can be essentially sober 2 or 3 hours after smoking. Maybe vaping lasts slightly less long than smoking, but that might not be a bad thing. I'd advise staying away from edibles. It's really hard to titrate to the exact desired level of intoxication and it takes up to an hour plus to fully kick in, so if you've had too little you're just not gonna get high and if you've had too much you're gonna be desperately holding onto the floor as the room spins and time stands still for the next eight to ten hours.

Two of my friends who smoke about everyday both went to vaping, because regularly smoking was bothering there throats. The vaping fixed the problem.
    If I smoke indica cannabis it sets my nerves off, but if I smoke sativa it helps with my pain, go figure.
    Seems like it would be the other way around, but it's not.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    Two of my friends who smoke about everyday both went to vaping, because regularly smoking was bothering there throats. The vaping fixed the problem.
    If I smoke indica cannabis it sets my nerves off, but if I smoke sativa it helps with my pain, go figure.
    Seems like it would be the other way around, but it's not.
    Do either help with your spasms?