Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Medical Marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    Do either help with your spasms?
    I don't have spasms, just I want to die type nerve pain, so I can't be much help. Sorry
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    I don't have spasms, just I want to die type nerve pain, so I can't be much help. Sorry
    No problem. Thanks

I concur that sativa is better for nerve pain. Indica helps me initially but then there's a rebound of much higher nerve pain. Sativa or high CBD strain supposed to be best for spasms.
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I concur that sativa is better for nerve pain. Indica helps me initially but then there's a rebound of much higher nerve pain. Sativa or high CBD strain supposed to be best for spasms.
    Thanks for the info.

Since my injury in 1981, I tried marijuana once, hoping it would provide some pain relief. Instead, it made the pains worse, because it heightened my perceptions of them. Not the effect I was looking for. It did make my muscles loose.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    This is exactly how it works for me as well, with what I call a flash off from the indica or mixed cannabis.
    I can get a flash off from sativa as well, but it's much smaller and lasts shorter in duration. It's not that easy to find pure sativa, because it takes forever to flower, and the flowers are much smaller, so it's mixed with the indica for better production.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

I've heard there is a world of difference between strains and even genotypes of the same strain, on top of the differences between sativa, indica, and the various hybrids. From what I've read, one of the lesser known cannabinoids, THCV, has shown some promise with helping nerve pain. I don't know how much research has been done on it. Most focus on the better known cannabinoids such as THC and CBD, but there are more than 80 known cannabinoids and they each have their own properties and interactions with each other. I am only aware of two cannabinoid receptors (of course, a lot of medical doctors are barely even aware our bodies have an endocannabinoid system, let alone anything about the receptors and how they work) and different cannabinoids have a stronger affinity for one or the other. I have also heard that even if one has a stronger affinity for a particular receptor type, if there is an high amount of it, there are cases where it might dislodge something from the other receptor. I've heard that about CBD and THC. IIRC, THC binds primarily to the CB1 receptor and CBD to the CB2 receptor, but if there's a high ratio of CBD, then it might be capable of dislodging some THC from the CB1 receptor. I didn't mean to get too deep into that (and I barely have a grasp of it myself anyway) but that helps demonstrate how the differing balance of cannabinoids in various strains can have a different effect. They all have to share just a couple of receptors.