Thread: Wound help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wound help

I have a wound on my wrist that's .5 cm by .5 cm and I have been to multiple doctors and none can make it better. Have had the thing for 5 months. In the picture it looks like undermining has started maybe on the left side or is it just bruised?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Definite decub based on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    Definite decub based on my own.
    what stage is that? And what have you done for yours?

Have you tried Platsul-A?

Quote Originally Posted by Resistencia View Post
    Have you tried Platsul-A?
    nope

Have you been to a wound clinic? It is important for you to be seen by someone who knows what they are looking at and feeling when they do the exam. I would definitely head in that direction if you already haven't been there.
    ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Hi Jordan,
    Although your "badge of SCI honor" resembles mine last year what I did to treat it versus what you should do now for yours may indeed be quite different. Mine was on my trochanter (hip) as a stage 2 that quickly deteriorated to a stage 4 and required surgical debriedment before it became septic, risking bone infection. I ended up with a wound vac attached for nearly 9 months, followed by a flap surgery (transplant) with the affected skin surface area forever scarred, let alone weakened and susceptible to breakdown more easily than other unaffected areas.
    HOWEVER, yours is not a located in a pressure prone area and therefore may take a completely different trajectory. In fact it's baffling how you could even develop a decubiti here.
    Listen to SCI Nurse, get it checked.

Thanks for the support, Tim C.

ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.