Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cushion for Quad

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Vitamin E actually can weaken your skin. Stop taking it. How much vitamin C are you taking? There is no way to "strengthen" the skin for pressure ulcer prevention. Pressure ulcers start deep inside from poor circulation. Doing regular weight shifts (every 10-15 minutes) and having a properly fit cushion is critical. Protein intake that is sufficient is important for tissue healing and health of your skin. Be sure you are getting enough (80-100mg. daily at least). Avoiding use of tobacco products, and controlling any diabetes is also critical.

(KLD)
    Hello SCI- Nurse, I already suspended vitamins E and C, I was taking the proper daily dose but they still did me wrong ... The problem of the changes of position is that I am a complete c5 and I can not find a way to unpack the weight .. I am trying to solve the cushion and incorporate proteins into my diet. Thanks for the advice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadier View Post
    Do you have access to Vicair cushions? I'm a C6 - C7 Quad and I use this one.

https://vicair.com/product/wheelchai...vicair-vector/

Here are some videos. https://vicair.com/videos/ There are
    more videos on Youtube. I find it easier to transfer onto than
    a Roho (but not as easy as a Jay) and there is no worry about leaks.
    It offers me good skin protection but I would still recommend pressure
    mapping
    Hello Yadier that cushion is not achieved in my country, I also think it is too soft, I transfer by dragging the tail and need something more rigid ... You have tried some cushion of JAY ?, what experience have you had regarding the marks with it? . Thanks for answering .

Quote Originally Posted by Kulea View Post
    I use the Vicair (Comfort Company) VectorX and overstuff the sides, while completely removing everything from the rear middle pockets. I also use the Glide Wear cover, which is really stretchy under your tush. This pretty much means there isn't anything putting pressure on your tailbone. But, that is just for me. the beauty is that you can customize it however you want by adding/removing air cells. I bought an extra set of cells for this purpose.
    Is the cushion exposed at all with the Glide Wear cover on? From the pictures I found, it kinda looks like the centre bottom of the cushion is exposed which would work well with air cushions like Roho. ...Just wondering? Anyone find a cheap location to purchase the Vicair VectorX cushion?

Quote Originally Posted by fasdude View Post
    Is the cushion exposed at all with the Glide Wear cover on? From the pictures I found, it kinda looks like the centre bottom of the cushion is exposed which would work well with air cushions like Roho. ...Just wondering? Anyone find a cheap location to purchase the Vicair VectorX cushion?
    It's not exposed. The Glide Wear is basically just the regular nylon cover material replaced by a stretchy knit fabric right in the the area where your butt sits. Try wheelchaircushionsage.com
    C-6/7 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Kulea View Post
    I use the Vicair (Comfort Company) VectorX and overstuff the sides, while completely removing everything from the rear middle pockets. I also use the Glide Wear cover, which is really stretchy under your tush. This pretty much means there isn't anything putting pressure on your tailbone. But, that is just for me. the beauty is that you can customize it however you want by adding/removing air cells. I bought an extra set of cells for this purpose.
    how would this cushion be using a sliding board to transfer??
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Hi, the Jay Active was by far the easiest cushion for me to transfer on and off. The front of this cushion is very solid and the gel pack at the back is very small. As I got older my tailbone area started to get red so I went to the Jay 2. More gel, heavier and a bit tougher for transfers but better skin protection. Too bad you can't try the Vicair.

I use a sliding board. For me the Vicair Vector X is a little easier than a Roho for transfers but the big advantage is I don't have to worry about the board doing damage to the cushion.