Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Vacation coverage

  1. #1
    Senior Member landrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Philadelphia, Pa

    Vacation coverage

    I will be traveling to Japan from September 24-October 2. As was somewhat expected because it is out of the US, my standard attendant care coverage through the state was denied for my coverage (my attendant is traveling with me). My question is, am I required to pay through the agency, or am I able to private pay my attendant a mutually agreed upon rate?

  2. #2
    Depends on the contract that you have with the agency, and the contract that the state has with the agency. Some preclude you from paying your attendant outside of the terms of the coverage, and from the agency, they may have a requirement that the person cannot work for you privately if they are also being paid through a contract, even if not for the same time or duties.

    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Similar Threads

  1. Where should I go on vacation?
    By funklab in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-22-2015, 06:56 PM
  2. vacation
    By davidsons in forum Life
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 03:02 PM
  3. Well Off On Vacation
    By LBUSH49 in forum Life
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 07:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts