Thread: RGK Sub4

RGK Sub4

They claim their weight with sticker, they really make it below 4kg.

How do they make it so light? Durable?

Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

It's impressive especially since he left the brakes and mudguards on but there are no adjustment options which will save a few pounds in brackets and hardware. For those reasons this would not be the chair for me. Unless there is a new breakthrough in wheelchair construction, my next chair will be the Motion Composites Apex made of carbon fibre. The weight is 4.2kg but is completely adjustable and it has some neat features.

All these low wheelchair weights are great, but they are all attained with the canvas back upholstery. I look around at the modern wheelchairs in my community and pretty much everyone is going with an aftermarket backrest like (Roho, Jay, Icon). I'd like to see those get even lighter will still being adjustable.

yes i have one, mine is 3.90kg and i got the tiga backrest which is the leather one as i wanted more support as the lightweight one isnt that good, they even use plastic bearings and cases in the caster pots :P but the frame seems really easy to scratch so must be soft and thin
    Last edited by rAdGie; 09-13-2017 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rAdGie View Post
    yes i have one, mine is 3.90kg and i got the tiga backrest which is the leather one as i wanted more support as the lightweight one isnt that good, they even use plastic bearings and cases in the caster pots :P but the frame seems really easy to scratch so must be soft and thin
    how long is the warranty?
    Is it aluminum frame?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

frame has 5 year warranty, other components wheel locks castors etc are 12 month warranty, and other little things have none, yes its aluminium 7020, its really light its probably over half the weight of my tr3, here is the site with all the things they done to achieve the weight loss http://www.rgklife.com/wheelchairs/d...tiga-sub4.html
    Last edited by rAdGie; 09-14-2017 at 09:56 AM.